Home

Anyone wish you could just pick your own cover athlete?

This is a discussion on Anyone wish you could just pick your own cover athlete? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Anyone wish you could just pick your own cover athlete?

I've bought Ncaa for years and love it, but I can't stand the cover athletes for 2012's game idk why lol. I loved last years though and never really disliked anyother cover. I guess it has to do with 2012's having to probably have Bama's own Ingram a team you have to face alot of years in real life. Plus you already had every bandwagon fan picking them online in this years game with there overrated stats and now I have to stare at the damn team everytime I start the game or look at the cover.

I guess it just has to do with my passion for college football, and don't think I'm hating on Bama there a very good team.

That brings me to my main point why couldn't EA just have a set number of player pictures on the game disc and let you pick your own start up screen. And the cover could just be a neutral picture of most teams. I guess the way they do it know is all part of the fun but still lol anyone else feel the same way or you like just the way it is now?

Thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Anyone wish you could just pick your own cover athlete?

not really i hardly ever pay attention to it to be honest....

I understand for some people it's important but i just don't get into the actual cover athelete stuff...

They could just put NCAA Football 12 on the Cover and i'd be cool with it the game play itself is all that matters to me.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

I agree. I'm buying NCAA football every year no matter what.... It's just hard having to look at a rival team that you don't like all that much in real life. Like I said I'm just a huge college football fan and I'm sure some people felt the same way about Tebow on the cover last year
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Every D1 school should get a cover but that would cause a lot of problems.....only time I've had a problem with the cover was Jared Zabransky(sp?) I thought that was trash
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

It would be cool but I don't care much about who is on the cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

I'm just sick of BAMA BAMA BAMA. EA had them rated out the butt the media couldn't stock holding there jockstrap till South Carolina shut them up.

And now you have to see them on a cover for a year. But people probably felt the same way about Florida so it's probably just pride getting in the way lol
Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Not only were we voting on the cover athlete, we were actually voting for where their focus was going to be this year, so if ingram wins we will see another offensive game. Typical EA though, making 3 out of the 4 athletes offensive guys. They really dont want to work on defense i guess...

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 04-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wah Wah, you can play defense if you want on NCAA 11, just have to try and play with the right people that don't run 95% shotgun and sprint for the sideline everytime they snap the ball.

Defense isn't hard if your team has talent on that side of the ball.

/rant

I wish Suh would have gotten a cover spot, and I'm voting for Fairley because I want a defender + he is a badass + he is arguably the most deserving (only exception Ingram, probably..I guess).

Please give Fairley the xbox 360 cover and send Ingram to the PS3 people EA. Please.
300+ Consecutive Home Sellouts
Home of Ndamukong Suh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »