Home

**NCAA 12 Team Ratings Predictions Thread**

This is a discussion on **NCAA 12 Team Ratings Predictions Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: **NCAA 12 Team Ratings Predictions Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
I respect your opinion and input but I did not just throw some letters next to each school I have watch WAY TOO MUCH film on other BIG12 teams to not be atleast fair in my grades......
Would you care to breakdown the rest of the skill positions or just the QBs? I would say the entire offense but the trenches can be unfair to judge unless you watch film IN DETAIL from both teams

QB-R. Tannehill < L. Jones
RB-C. Michael or C. Gray > R. Finch or B. Clay or J. Calhoun or B. Williams
WR-J. Fuller or U. Nwachukwu or R. Swope = R. Broyles or K. Stills maybe T. Franks

If you look at my grade again you will see that the above equation result in a PUSH.

Well we could break down the rest.
I think everyone with any knowledge would say Tannehill is not equivalent to Landry Jones, by stats game film, etc.

As for HB which I do think A&M is better I don't think it is way better. In backup roles Finch and Clay combined for 8.2ypc and they only got 121 carries to produce 525 yards and combine for 2 TD's. They were also 3rd and 4th string part of the year. Yes A&M has the better duo, may be best in Nation combined, but Oklahoma is very good.

Wide Receiver is not even close.
Broyles is better than Fuller. Sure just my opinion and no it is not by much as i do think Fuller is the 3rd or 4th best WR in the nation. But Broyles is easily #2. Swope is a nice player but he is not equal or even close to Kenny Stills. Kenny Stills line up against #1 and #2 CB's all year and got 61 catches for 786yds averagine 12.9 per catch with 5TD's. Swope line up in the slot playing against #3 CB's Safeties and LB and managed 72 catches for 825 (11.5pc) and 4 TD's. Plus Kenny Stills was a true freshman and came in a played great from the get go.

If you look at the top 5 returning players in receiving yards from last year, Oklahoma is returning 3,507YDS from their top 5 returners and that is after losing their #3 in rec yds in Murray. A&M returns all 5 top guys from last year and they combined for 2,751 yds.

If you look at the lines I think Matthews and Joekel are studs the rest you can keep. Oklahoma's line is not any good either, but I would take theirs over yours minus Joekel any day.

Regardless A&M will once again be in the top 25 in offenses this year. They finished 24th last year, behind, Houston who played their 3rd string QB a lot, Northern Illinois, Tulsa (now there is a better equivalent for A&M), Baylor, Stanford, Texas Tech, Southern Miss. What I am saying is they are great but finished 5th in total offense last year in the Big XII. And once again, Baylor will be better, Oklahoma St will be better, and for sure 100% will be better.

All of this is my opinion of course, as we are all entitled. And I know that neither you nor I are getting a paycheck because we have unbelievable scouting or analysis.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
But Broyles is easily #2.
in the big 12? the oklahoma receiving numbers are a bit off, i think you accidentally counted cameron kenney. oklahoma threw for 4807 yards, a&m 3599 yards. the production is close considering how often the teams threw the ball. i dont get how you can say the rb's are close, but the wr's arent, unless its strictly off a projection of the rb's production based on their talent level.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #59
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
in the big 12? the oklahoma receiving numbers are a bit off, i think you accidentally counted cameron kenney. oklahoma threw for 4807 yards, a&m 3599 yards. the production is close considering how often the teams threw the ball. i dont get how you can say the rb's are close, but the wr's arent, unless its strictly off a projection of the rb's production based on their talent level.
You are right I did mistake Kenney should have been Dejuan Miller. Which kind of makes it worse. They lose 2 of their top 5 and still had more yards. I don't know we could go back and forth on this, but from what I have seen there is no comparison at WR. It would be different if I were some Oklahoma fan or if you were Texas who I hate. Then you would expect a strong argument, but am just a college football fan in general who roots against both. If you ask me which one I would rather my great defense play, well that is easy. We had no problem holding A&M to 0 TD's and Oklahoma for a whole half scored at will. We held Fuller and Swope to 5 catch for 85 yards no TD's whereas Broyles and Stills combined for 6 for 144. And sure they are close I guess, but they are not equal. So take the QB's, WR's Oklahoma is better. Take RB A&M is better O-Line Oklahoma is better. Whether close or not they are still better. IMO.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #60
Pro

In the Nation, that is what 1st Team All-American would suggest.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
Rookie

alphaguy5's Arena

OVR: 0

Virginia Tech:

Offense: B+ Great WR's, RB, decent OL, untested QB

Defense: A-, or more likely B+ Although DL is relatively young, they look to be better than last years. And with non-injured/returning LB's that position should be a vast improvement. DB's are studs.

Overall: B+

Michigan:

Offense: A- Denard Robinson. 'Nuff said.

Defense: B- but likely C+

Overall: B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #62
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Lol Michigan a B- defense ??? Must be a joke they had one of the worst D's last year out of the entire nation. If there Defense could have even remotely stopped anybody they would have won way more games..

C+ IMO Not the Michigan of the better years
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #63
Rookie

alphaguy5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Lol Michigan a B- defense ??? Must be a joke they had one of the worst D's last year out of the entire nation. If there Defense could have even remotely stopped anybody they would have won way more games..

C+ IMO Not the Michigan of the better years
I am definitely biased as I am a Michigan fan.

I probably should have clarified that my Michigan rating was not 100% serious. I know that they will never be a B- this year, but one may always hope. With a new def. coordinator and Rich Rod gone, I feel that things will get better. However, that should not affect the ranking that they get as none of that means proven results, so a C+ is much closer to what their actual rating will be.
Lions
Packers
Fulham Football Club

Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Baylor

Offense - B +
Defense - C +
ST - C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »