Home

How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #17
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How do you set up your schedules in your dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A person can always choose to play on an easy level for their skill level or use exploits to win games, so at the end of the day there's no way to prevent fantasy land scheduling.

That being said, and I shouldn't care, but it does bug me when I see people mention that they load up on powerhouse/top 5 rated teams in their non conference games. That means that the game is simply way, way too easy and winning is essentially a forgone conclusion. If that's the case, then recruiting, redshirting, depth charts, offensive and defensive schemes, injuries, etc., are all basically pointless.

I guess some people enjoy that sort of thing, but that doesn't make for a fun game to me.
Yea If I did that in my dynasty I would get killed. Never even come close to winning a NC but that may not be fun to everybody.

I like to start out with a lower tier team so I ususally schedule one BCS conference opponent (sometimes 2 if i feel i've built a good team) and the rest are typically lower tier teams that are generally rated a little higher than my team. When I finally get an offer for a big time job usually around year 4 or 5, I go with the format of 1 lower tier team to start the season, two teams that are equal to mine (typically regional), and then a top 25 team.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #18
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I schedule the top 4 teams in the country so I can soar to #1 every season. The CPU can't beat me and I win a ton of championships. I might be the best player ever.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22

I just try to make it as realistic as possible. I use this site to set some of my Out of Conference schedules.
As for the others OOC games, I usually keep those given by the game.

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I schedule the top 4 teams in the country so I can soar to #1 every season. The CPU can't beat me and I win a ton of championships. I might be the best player ever.
Too bad your name is pooppoop.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

The first year I leave alone to keep it authentic then after that my wife and I will change who ever has the weaker schedule to the same strength as the one with the stronger strength but never lower then a B+ to keep it fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I stay with season one schedule the way it is.. Then for the next season I'll try to schedule teams that have been scheduled to play IRL. For example I played with Miss St in my OD. We only had 3 players and all of us were teams in the SEC West. So for my schedule I told the commish to use this web site as a basic guideline: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/s...l-schedule.php

Of course, we don't play the FCS schools so, a lot of times that still didn't feel the entire schedule (plus it only goes to 2015). So what I do then is go back 10 years and schedule a home & home series that they played back then. For example if I needed two teams two feel my schedule in 2012 I'd go back to 2002 and see that Oregon, Memphis and Troy State were all on the 2002 schedule. So I'd pick Oregon and decide between Memphis and Troy St. whichever one I could fit in the easiest.

Pretty simple, huh?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I always leave my first seasons the same no matter what team. Unless I take out an FCS team and add either Teambuiler team or Small school.

With Tennessee as my team I'll of course have 8 conf. games. But my four non-conf. games will be

-Memphis - Home/Away rotation
-PAC 10 Team - Always Away diff. team each season
-Texas - Home/Away rotation
- Then another Mid-major team

With my Arkansas State dynasty, got my 8 conf. then the non-conf

- Memphis - Home/Away rotation
- Top 25 team - Away
- AQ school but not Top 25 *preseason rankings*
- Non-AQ school
Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

I always like to build up the strength of my schedule after year one to try and build my team into a power team. Especially if I'm using a Team Builder team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »