Home

WAR EAGLE Pregame Flight in NCAA 12!?

This is a discussion on WAR EAGLE Pregame Flight in NCAA 12!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: WAR EAGLE Pregame Flight in NCAA 12!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Can someone (Auburn Fan) please explain why they have a Eagle flying around and they're the Tigers?
Thank God you asked this question, cause I knew I wasn't the only person wondering about this!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Can someone (Auburn Fan) please explain why they have a Eagle flying around and they're the Tigers?
Some things are just better left unexplained.... lol
Old 04-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #11
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
They probably would have shown it in the trailer.
I certainly hope that they didn't show ALL of their new entrances in the trailer.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

There were many schools that aren't even close to having the tradition that Auburn has but have a unique entrance so I'm pretty sure that they're going to create one for Auburn.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

My bad misread.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Despite the wikipedia link. I've heard there was a professor who walked around on campus with it on his Arm. His name was Professor War, and one day at a Georgia game the professor's eagle flew off his arm and started flying around the field and then landed near midfield, before returning to his owner. All the students and Alumni immediately made it a tradition to have the Professor stand at midfield let his Eagle loose, fly around and have him land at midfield and Professor War's Eagle thus War Eagle and so now they train an "War" Eagle to fly around and land right on mid field.

I was told that by some students there now. And also Nick Fairley said close to the same thing on an interview with Jon Gruden bc he(Jon) was confused too.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

There are multiple backstories to this tradition, and no one is entirely sure from where it came. Just know that we are the Tigers and we say "War Eagle". We don't like being called the War Eagles or anything like that.

That being said, if the flight is in the game this year, it will be the most amazing video game feature ever...for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #16
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
There are multiple backstories to this tradition, and no one is entirely sure from where it came. Just know that we are the Tigers and we say "War Eagle". We don't like being called the War Eagles or anything like that.

That being said, if the flight is in the game this year, it will be the most amazing video game feature ever...for me.
haha pretty much like most traditions. I agree if the flight is included even tho I not a fan of the War..I mean Tigers I would play there just to see the animation of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »