Home

How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode

This is a discussion on How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 32
Re: How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode

I would welcome any coaching mode honestly as long as it plays somewhat like the current dynasty where I can go more in depth while still playing with my team.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 32

How would you want them to sim it?

Would you want to have them sim 10 years into the dynasty to year 2024 depending on when you finished your RTG or would you be happy with just exporting your player to a coach in his 30's with our current roster.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

I'd prefer they just add a simple combination of the old system with our 120 ways to win. Meaning, they don't have to be exact replicas of coaches just allow me to edit them, make a coaching carousel every season, and add coordinators. And if a coach leaves his offensive style or defensive style goes with him. Plus add an age to the coaches. Even though I know JoePa will die on the sidelines, he shouldn't be the coach of PSU in 2040.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjones.us
How would you want them to sim it?

Would you want to have them sim 10 years into the dynasty to year 2024 depending on when you finished your RTG or would you be happy with just exporting your player to a coach in his 30's with our current roster.
To be honest, I dont see much point in connecting RTG to Dynasty mode. You could just create your player as a coach and play. What would be the carry over from RTG to Dynasty? Your stats? Your awards? I dont see why you couldnt just "pretend" If that makes sense.

However CC is necessary. RTG connected to Dynasty? Unless it is a very very in depth mode, I dont see the point.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #29
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I'd prefer they just add a simple combination of the old system with our 120 ways to win. Meaning, they don't have to be exact replicas of coaches just allow me to edit them, make a coaching carousel every season, and add coordinators. And if a coach leaves his offensive style or defensive style goes with him. Plus add an age to the coaches. Even though I know JoePa will die on the sidelines, he shouldn't be the coach of PSU in 2040.
This is what I want although I'd like position coaches too. Not a big deal if they aren't in though
Old 04-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
To be honest, I dont see much point in connecting RTG to Dynasty mode. You could just create your player as a coach and play. What would be the carry over from RTG to Dynasty? Your stats? Your awards? I dont see why you couldnt just "pretend" If that makes sense.

However CC is necessary. RTG connected to Dynasty? Unless it is a very very in depth mode, I dont see the point.
100% agree. There is no reason to tie it in together. If people are that desperate just sim a bunch of years then create your new coach as your RTG person. I could care less about RTG. I understand people love it. Especially in other games (NBA 2K, etc). I try it every year but grow tired of it after about a week of practice and a couple games. I pray that an RTG Coach mode is not the direction they go.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
This is what I want although I'd like position coaches too. Not a big deal if they aren't in though
Yah I would love to add positional coaches too, but I think that is going way to in depth, and I am also at an understanding that you can't expect huge. Go with simple and maybe it will grow. Of course I was thrilled when PS2 days went to 70 man rosters, and am still waiting for 85, so?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #32
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56

I agree with this too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »