Home

NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

Quote:
Another addition that should improve the defensive side of the ball from a physicality stand point is multiple collision tackles. Defenders that peruse will now be rewarded with opportunities to lay the wood to players who are fighting for extra yards or being held up by the initial tackle attempt. Some of the hits I’ve seen are devastating, both in their rendering and on the actual player taking the hit. Injuries seem a bit more pronounced with violent hits and definitely the opportunity to cause a turnover increases for defenses if they are gang tackling and good in pursuit.
They may have just sold me with this alone. You can tell they went all out.

"I'ma keep pourin it onnnn!"
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglip
They may have just sold me with this alone. You can tell they went all out.
i know that improved tackling has been a big "want" from the gameplay guys.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
i know that improved tackling has been a big "want" from the gameplay guys.

Yep my dream game would be to take the Backbreaker engine for player interactions and mix it with EAs AI and non interaction animations.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Yep my dream game would be to take the Backbreaker engine for player interactions and mix it with EAs AI and non interaction animations.
Backbreaker physics, 2K player interactions, EA graphics. Now that would be a game.

Very excited to hear about consecutive-hit tackles, but I want to see it in action before I get too excited.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #21
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Yes!!! Finally the defense gets some love.... I always hated how D was pretty weak

Man I'm stoked for this it looks like this is gonna be a heck of a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Injuries seem a bit more pronounced with violent hits and definitely the opportunity to cause a turnover increases for defenses if they are gang tackling and good in pursuit.
This one makes me nervous, since EA has a way of overemphasizing new features. I don't want 9 fumbles per game and my running back getting hurt every game.

The injury system is a little off kilter I think. Seems like injuries to your skill players are a little high and injuries to everyone else are a bit low right now. Fumbles in certain situations are ridiculously high.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #23
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
This one makes me nervous, since EA has a way of overemphasizing new features. I don't want 9 fumbles per game and my running back getting hurt every game.

The injury system is a little off kilter I think. Seems like injuries to your skill players are a little high and injuries to everyone else are a bit low right now. Fumbles in certain situations are ridiculously high.
It did not seem excessive in my time with the game.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #24
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
It did not seem excessive in my time with the game.
I think the season-ending or long term injuries weren't too bad, but the short term ones, or even short in-game ones (for say a series or quarter etc) seemed excessive. I'd have my RB and QB (who both have good injury ratings) suffer a minor injury every game, sometimes more than once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »