Home

I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12

This is a discussion on I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Keyword there is S-O-M-E!!! Not all... and not when my WR is 22 yards downfield and the LB is 10 and I throw the ball w/ touch...
And when the LB isn't even facing the QB when the ball is released but still is somehow able to perfectly time his jump and swat down the ball.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
It would be nice to have some 16-13 games or 13-10 games where scoring is like a massive reward. Not all the time, but having every game be a 48-45 shootout gets old. I am still hoping that the Leaping Linebackers are out or at least, maybe one or two stud LB's can only do that. The videos I've seen so far have shown guys leaping to bat down passes and missing... so there's hope there.

Improved defense in a realistic way is what we are all wanting!
100% agree. I remember after the demo last year I would have some games end up 7-0, 10-3, etc, granted on 2 min quarters, but it gave me hope. There are a lot of games where points are hard to come by. I mean Nebraska has only given up over 20 in like 3 games in two years or something. Wasn't there a couple 3-0 games in the ACC last year. I want that kind of defense to be possible if you have an elite defense against anyone or good defense against a terrible offense.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
And when the LB isn't even facing the QB when the ball is released but still is somehow able to perfectly time his jump and swat down the ball.
Its a animation installed into a "video game" that animation is the "like" the equivalent to a trailing defender following the WRs reaction to the ball, like "widening of eyes" and "out stretched hands" and making a play. lol I dont ever think a video game will be able to have a realistic animation where they have to visualize the ball in order to make a play. Thats like complaining about how in baseball games the player immediately turns around running, without looking back repeatedly, to the exact spot where the deeply hit ball is going to land. Somethings in video games cant mimic exactly how they would be done in real life. IMO
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 04-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

"Anyone else not excited for NCAA 12"........

"Im UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED for NCAA 12"

Wow

Last edited by mrMagic91; 04-21-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Anyone else not excited for NCAA 12"

"Im EXCITED for NCAA 12"
I see that "Anyone else not exicted for NCAA 12) thread is not coming up anymore.
I am basically already sold(already was)current info just sealed it. I cant wait to see Career mode updates. I wonder what/if blog will be next week since it will be a big week
Old 04-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #14
MVP

poopoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Its a animation installed into a "video game" that animation is the "like" the equivalent to a trailing defender following the WRs reaction to the ball, like "widening of eyes" and "out stretched hands" and making a play. lol I dont ever think a video game will be able to have a realistic animation where they have to visualize the ball in order to make a play. Thats like complaining about how in baseball games the player immediately turns around running, without looking back repeatedly, to the exact spot where the deeply hit ball is going to land. Somethings video games cant mimic exactly how they would be done in real life. IMO
Uhhhhh....No,
Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Uhhhhh....No,
how so........?
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #16
MVP

poopoop's Arena

Well for starters I'm pretty sure the concept of players having to see the ball in order to make a play on it has already been replicated in football games to certain extents.

I understand games will never be perfect...but I don't think it's unrealistic at all to expect a game where linebackers aren't able to make plays on balls they can't see. When you throw a pass and a lb makes some unnatural 180 degree spin as soon as you release the ball, then jumps super high into the air to swat it down... it's just too much. Game relies too heavily on psychic players, from route mirroring to the CPU knowing your playcall...on and on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »