Home

Is there improvement in dynamic attendance?

This is a discussion on Is there improvement in dynamic attendance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Rookie

gtyjrocks's Arena

OVR: 4
Exactly what I was thinking. But if tulane is undefeated through 7 games they still probably won't fill the stands. Same with uab
Old 04-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is there improvement in dynamic attendance?

I love how Tulane only has about 10,000 students but still manages to pack the entire Superdome in the game
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Little things like those mentioned in the thread really add a lot.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I usually start a Wyoming dynasty every year the game comes out. When I look at my team page, it shows I average well below 50% attendance, but when I start up a game it looks like 80%+ of the seats are filled. It seems EA has the team info page done correctly, but when you are actually in game it is incorrect.

College Hoops 2k8 did this perfectly. I started a career legacy with a friend. My first year at Chattanooga the team was averaging under 25% attendance, but I put together a solid .500 year and the attendance was around 60% at the end of the year. At the start of year 2 it was around 50%, but I put together a better year at 19-13 and had around 70% attendance near the end. Start of year 3 it around 65-70% at the first home game and I ended up making a great run in the season with a 20+ win season and I also won the conference tournament. I also ended up getting to round 2 in the Big Dance after a great upset over LSU. The next season rolls around and I have mostly the same team, so expectations are high and at the first home game I had over 90% of the seats filled and I put together a better season record wise, but no conf. championship, and I finished with a near 100% attendance. Now we are in like year 5 or 6 and I have managed 3 straight 20 win season and am averaging 95% attendance every game and am on a nice run and should be getting near 100% attendance every home game from here on out because I am the best team in my conf. ratings wise and should be able to win 15+ conference games.

Another example from my dynasty is I used to be scared to play at the College of Charleston because they not only had the better players, but a great atmosphere at home that would often lead to them getting 6th Man multiple times a game and would make it nearly impossible for me to keep up with them. Well, they're coach recently retired and their new coach has came in and obviously has no fan support because he was a no name coach and in his first year there I could immediately tell a difference. Not only was his scheme different, and more simple/ easier to stop, but the low attendance he had made it a lot easier to play at their court. Now that he has been there a few years his record has been abysmal and this current season looks even worse as they are almost the worst team in the conference because he can't recruit apparently, he is averaging well under 25% attendance and its a joke playing at that school now after a few years ago it was nearly impossible to win there.

NCAA needs to have crowd matter like it does in College Hoops. Actually, EA needs to clone the dynasty from College Hoops so we can have what I've posted, but in a football game.

― Plato
Old 04-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I usually start a Wyoming dynasty every year the game comes out. When I look at my team page, it shows I average well below 50% attendance, but when I start up a game it looks like 80%+ of the seats are filled. It seems EA has the team info page done correctly, but when you are actually in game it is incorrect.

...Snip...
I'd disagree with that. As I said earlier, any non-AQ team on a losing streak will be averaging 2-3k fans in game, whereas IRL, those teams all average at least 10-15k (WIth 1 exception: EMU who average 6kish I believe). Regardless of your record, students will see your games, especially against rivals. Now, should Tulane, UAB, and SDSU be filling up their stadiums? No, but should Idaho, Kent State, and Memphis average 4,000 fans a game? No. EA needs to find a happy medium. Teams need to have realistic attendance! (Oh, and stadium upgrades.... those'd be nice)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'd disagree with that. As I said earlier, any non-AQ team on a losing streak will be averaging 2-3k fans in game, whereas IRL, those teams all average at least 10-15k (WIth 1 exception: EMU who average 6kish I believe). Regardless of your record, students will see your games, especially against rivals. Now, should Tulane, UAB, and SDSU be filling up their stadiums? No, but should Idaho, Kent State, and Memphis average 4,000 fans a game? No. EA needs to find a happy medium. Teams need to have realistic attendance! (Oh, and stadium upgrades.... those'd be nice)
Yea, after looking up some attendance statistics I found out the teams around 100-110 in terms of stadium attendance were still about 50% and around 12-18k fans per home game. If EA can get stadium attendance to show up correctly on the info page and in game, then have it be dynamic throughout the game and a dynasty, then thats really all we can ask for from the crowd if the sounds and graphics of them are improving as much as they're saying this year.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »