Home

Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

This is a discussion on Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #25
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

The key is to temper your expectations. If you tout NCAA 12 as the coming of the football gods in an earthly form, you WILL be disappointed. But if you look at these updates as improvements to an already solid game, then you can rest assured knowing that you will thoroughly enjoy this game.

The NHL series is no different. Since getting it right with NHL09, I keep reading about how "passing is fixed" etc etc. Every year, I see the same issues. BUT, each year those issues are less and less.

The key is that the EA devs acknowledge the issue and dislike the suction just as much as we do. They're implementing what they can, and I think this new tackling system will be a nice improvement. Don't forget: it wasn't too long ago that gang tackles of ANY kind were a pipedream to this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Am I wrong for being skeptical about the removal of suction blocks/tackles/etc.?

Yeah Im in the "Believe it when I see it" over and over again boat

Specifically what I want to see is 3-4 OLBs getting up the field fast and collapsing the pocket without getting sucked into a slow OT

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

To the OP and some others, I feel where you all are coming from but fall back off EA football just a little. You guys are acting like Pinky from the movie Next Friday. You ask EA to address your issues but when they try, you guys want them to STFU! LOL! No reasonable person can fault you guys for being skeptical after ALL the BS we have been shoveled over the past 6 years but the whole point of our complaints is supposed to be to get better football games. I don't think any of you guys can honestly say any of these game play issues they appear to be directly confronting this year, didn't need to be addressed. The excited and optimistic people are not all a bunch of naive EA cultist, most just understand EA is all we have got right now for licensed football games and they are making the best of a bad situation. For 6 years I have wanted to be excited and optimistic about EA football but could not overlook tackling, blocking, defensive AI, penalties and ratings, all being so poorly implemented in freaking "sim" EA football games. Now for the first time in 6 years, I am actually excited and optimistic about some core areas of EA football games being fundamentally improved.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Minus a random person here and there, nobody is outright dogging on EA. They're saying "I've heard this song before." And given the past track record of EA, there is a legitimate reason for that hesitation. Now, the NCAA team did a lot of reparation with NCAA 11 and instilling some love. You could see the hostility towards the Madden dev team in recent years, and I don't see that towards the NCAA team right now. But that being said: fool me once, etc etc.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Minus a random person here and there, nobody is outright dogging on EA. They're saying "I've heard this song before." And given the past track record of EA, there is a legitimate reason for that hesitation. Now, the NCAA team did a lot of reparation with NCAA 11 and instilling some love. You could see the hostility towards the Madden dev team in recent years, and I don't see that towards the NCAA team right now. But that being said: fool me once, etc etc.
Let's put it this way. I would have been more skeptical last week and before with NCAA, but after seeing that second video, it's hard not too say that tackling hasn't been improved.

It's hard to fool with motion seen by your own eyes. Still pictures don't do it for me.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let's put it this way. I would have been more skeptical last week and before with NCAA, but after seeing that second video, it's hard not too say that tackling hasn't been improved.

It's hard to fool with motion seen by your own eyes. Still pictures don't do it for me.
I'm excited, I'm not going to lie. I saw the pictures, the video, read the blogs, and I got pumped.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #31
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

It's not unreasonable to be skeptical given the past events. But it seems like to me there is an awful lot of early looks and hands-on for this year's game (moreso than previous years) which I think is an effort by them to make sure things work better on release day, and that we know what we're getting ahead of time so there isn't a massive backlash of unfulfilled expectations. A smart strategy as it also keeps us all involved and feeling more a part of the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

Rule of Thumb!

Not until the game on the shelf is played.

I don't trust Demo's either because there has always been differences with what is put out on shelves compared to the Demo.
(Remember how Stamina slowed players on long runs and had a running animation showcasing there running form changing as they tired in '08 Demo, then boards lit up asking for a fix that has yet to be done to mimmick what the Demo showcased then)

Also, now we got the whole "Patch right after purchase" thing going on now.
So you buy and have to wait/hope that advertised feature gets fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »