Home

ASU Marketing Campaign

This is a discussion on ASU Marketing Campaign within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Did anyone see that story on Yahoo today about how ASU new helmet logo relates to a GANG lol??
What the.... Link?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: ASU Marketing Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevils95
Penn State / Alabama / Michigan / Texas etc... haven't changed uniforms ever and they seem to appeal to recruits. Wonder why?
Actually, all of those team have had changes, albeit minor ones, like Penn State going from grey facemasks to blue, Bama from white helmet to red, Texas w/ numbers/logo on the helmet to just the logo and Michigan through a variety of road jerseys... but the biggest thing w/ those schools is they have a long tradition of winning.

They also have Joe Paterno, Bear Bryant, Bo Schembechler and Texas is probably known more for Earl Campbell than any one coach... point is, they all have more tradition to hang their hat on than ASU.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
What the.... Link?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rn=ncaaf-wp906
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
What the.... Link?
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...-use-logo.html

Quote:
He's convinced that it is a matter of time before what he described as a "large, violent, mostly Hispanic Chicago street gang" called Satan's Disciples adopts ASU's new athletic gear because of the new trident logo.

"The gangs adopt sports teams and wear their gear," Epich said. "The S.D.'s are going to adopt the (ASU) hat as their hat of choice just as soon as they see the first person wearing one."

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #13
Banned

sundevildave's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDown520
Who cares.
People who think marketing is more than having your mascots renew their vows at halftime.

10 out of 10 on the lameness scale.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

This is just ASU trying to be like the U of Hole... i mean Oregon. Trying to over market everything. I dont see why they are doing it. I guess mediocrity needs to be marketed to kids. Thats all ASU is, mediocre.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
This is just ASU trying to be like the U of Hole... i mean Oregon. Trying to over market everything. I dont see why they are doing it. I guess mediocrity needs to be marketed to kids. Thats all ASU is, mediocre.
Did an Oregon State guy, just call out another school for mediocrity?

I do not understand why there is hate for a school trying to get their name in the media? While marketing alone will not do much in terms of wins, if ASU does start to win some games the marketing will definately not hurt. I am not saying ASU will win the NC or anything, but their offense looked impressive in the spring game, and yes it is only a spring game, but it is something for ASU fans to get excited about. I am not an ASU fan personally, although I live in the area so I follow them when my Buckeyes are not playing. Again, I am not trying to call anyone out, I just do not see the point of hating a school for trying to create some buzz around an athletic department that has been lacking buzz for a couple of years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't worry! We will always think of you as Tempe Normal

Also, a 4-14 conference basketball record says you probably should have skipped that video.

Anyways, see you this fall in phoenix because I know of one away game that always has plenty of extra tickets and that's Tempe Normal.

Enjoy your devil worshiping, gang signs, and commuter campus. You're no better a university than an online college.

ASwho??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »