Home

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

This is a discussion on I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #57
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I don't think you can say that the features in Madden this year will not be beat, considering what we know about NCAA

Gameplay: Basically the same upgrades for both games, they showed more of the sideline catches in Madden, but those were talked about for NCAA as well. They sound basically the same: Madden = NCAA Football

Presentation: Both games are getting more detailed presentations specifically introductions. One could argue that Madden has the slight edge on this just b/c of the number of teams they have to work on, and those blimp stadium shots are unbelievable. But we haven't seen all the NCAA intro's either and the upgrades in this department seem very similar to give an advantage: Madden = NCAA Football

Custom Playbooks: Both games will have this, great screens for NCAA on this can be found here. Madden = NCAA Football

Dynasty/Franchise: Madden gets expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, and FA bidding system. Is it really that out of the question that NCAA could get expanded rosters, spring game, new recruiting logic, and coaching carousel? To early to call on this one, we'll have to see what NCAA releases

For the most part it looks like both games are following VERY similar paths. Similar gameplay improvements, presentation improvements, both got custom playbooks. Given those it's likely to me that NCAA will have similar dynasty improvements like Madden and similar "Be a Pro" and RTG improvements as well.
I agree with all of this except for presentation. Madden 12 sounds like it's going to be significantly better than NCAA 12 in that department. The cutscenes will move and shake a bit due to them getting camera guys for mo cap and using the angles that the camera men used to put into the game's cutscenes. Therefore the cutscenes will look more like a live TV broadcast.

In terms of franchise mode, I think Madden's will be better but it's too soon to say since we haven't heard anything yet about NCAA's.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #58
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just my .02

I think the majority of football gamers have gotten their expectations so much watered down over the past 4-5 years that in reality we are really just choosing the better of 2 'ok' games.

I know it is what it is but in no way did I think in 2011 the games would have not been a lot further along than they are.
We've simply been conditioned to expect less and tout the new 'Features' as being some great improvement.
Until they move to a more capable engine we'll continue to get polish and no real upgrades in gameplay (physics,emotion,LIFE etc in the gameplay and player realm)
Just my opinion on the take of FB games right now.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't give two ****s about which one is better....I just care about them both representing their respective brand of football to the point that its enjoyable.

So NCAA > Madden, Madden > NCAA, I don't care. For me, I want NCAA = fun and enjoyment , Madden = fun and enjoyment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

I personally used to be a Madden guy, but the game has just become hard to play since it jumped to next gen. People said NCAA was the more arcade style game, but I've never seen it this way. The players in madden just look funny.

I haven't even really looked into madden at all this year yet, from what I read on this thread it looks like some good things. But for me (and I know people are gonna flame this) untill madden step up and atleast get some what onto ncaa level (in every facet, fields, animations, player models and all around gameplay etc.), madden won't be a buy for me. I just don't get a realistic "sim" feel with anything about that game.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrettness
I personally used to be a Madden guy, but the game has just become hard to play since it jumped to next gen. People said NCAA was the more arcade style game, but I've never seen it this way. The players in madden just look funny.

I haven't even really looked into madden at all this year yet, from what I read on this thread it looks like some good things. But for me (and I know people are gonna flame this) untill madden step up and atleast get some what onto ncaa level (in every facet, fields, animations, player models and all around gameplay etc.), madden won't be a buy for me. I just don't get a realistic "sim" feel with anything about that game.
I agree 100%. I feel like NCAA is ahead of Madden in terms of gameplay because I think they implement things into the game better than the Madden team. Also, yes, the player models in Madden 11 bug the heck out of me which is why I can't stand to play it. I feel like I am playing with high school players. So I am so happy they have changed the player models and they look great.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »