Home

Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

This is a discussion on Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
That would definitely take ALot of boredom out that game mode. Hey you never know they seem to be more involved with the community so you never know. They might have to borrow the helmet idea from 2k i remember that in 2k5 the inside the helmet camera view was cool in a "different" kind of way. It got annoying quick though. But having where your walking out onto your homefield and see someone wearing your jersey would be a nice sight to see. Imagine going to a hostile or away(for the kids) field an getting booed hahah. I like this for a future RTG add-on
I would love to have it like NBA My Player where I walk out of the locker room and on to the field or getting suited up for a game or have me talkng to another player or coach giving a speech.
RTG should include presentation that is added this year. There is a ton of new cutscenes that needs to be added to RTG. But it also needs to be cutscenes directly for RTG players.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #18
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Surprised no one mentioned putting the spring game back in. That is what really determines who fits the system and who will make the team. Instead of just cutting based off of over recruiting and overall ratings.

The potential rating and academic were definitely a nice attributes and also added strategy to recruiting would you get a 4* with D potential and A aademics or a three* with A potential and D academics when you have a 6* star program with 6* academics. Would you sacrifice a star on academics bc of bad school habits or get the 4* that wont progress over the next 4 years well...Those were some of the elements that were part of the game. now its just "is he a 5* 4* 3* JUCO and where is my school on his list?" and thats all.

What else would or could make dynasty more immersive or better?
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What Do You Think Would Make Dynasty//RTG Better?

Quote:
Dynasty would be Ideal IMO if CC(coach carousel) was implemented and players not only progress but also regress, and for recruiting it would be pretty cool to recruit sophomores and juniors in high school(Who are moving on to the next grade of course). For RTG I would love to be able to transfer, and also use edited rosters.
You cannot recruit sophomores at all in real life. And you can only recruit juniors from April 15th until May 31st of the junior year. Then you have to wait until September 1st of their senior year in high school.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Surprised no one mentioned putting the spring game back in. That is what really determines who fits the system and who will make the team. Instead of just cutting based off of over recruiting and overall ratings.
I forgot all about Spring Game. I would love to see who gets each depth chart spot. I would love to bring in eary recruits and see if I should play/cut/reshirt them.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #21
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

Re: What Do You Think Would Make Dynasty//RTG Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
You cannot recruit sophomores at all in real life. And you can only recruit juniors from April 15th until May 31st of the junior year. Then you have to wait until September 1st of their senior year in high school.
True. Actually what i meant by recruiting them was offerering a scholarship like Michigan is doing along with MSU, with Sophmore Shane Morris of Warren DeLa Salle(Mich.) to show early interest. and to know how good they are I would have it like they do now with just grades of certain ratings. And then when the recruiting process opens up for them you scout to get more info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #22
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Dynasty
  • I would add a menu item just for the coaching staff and AD. Giving game players opportunities to improve their dynasties through advances in coaching abilities is currently missing.
  • I'd leave recruiting alone for the most part. One area of improvement would be to address player strengths in different styles of play. If a HS QB is a greater running QB, he'd more likely opt to attend an option style offense-driven program...
  • A true "career" emphasis, where you, the coach, build a career not just on the field, but through all your annual job responsibilities. Include personal situations, dealings with media, etc.
  • Streamline the dynasty interface, adding a calendar like timeline to your job responsibilities.
  • Return a practice mode to the game, where you build a to-do list of events you and your team work on.
Road To Glory
  • Start your playing career with a player builder interface, where you select ratings and physical characteristics from a pool of points you can spend. This way, there's no risk of maxing out ratings, but you still can become more specialized in areas you'd like.
  • Play the entire senior season at your HS, getting recruited along the way, making visits, etc. This avoids the bogus HS playoff ratings boost you compile every time you start a new RTG game.
  • Compile your player video and endorsements and send them to your selected schools if you don't get heavily recruited.
  • National Letter of Intent Day (nuff said)
  • Attend summer camps for physical and awareness boosts
  • Frat, dorm, or apartment...
  • Personal events would be added including class study, and the other evening personal events. This time though, rather than weekly boosts, you receive permanent incrimental boosts (smaller points accumulations that will eventually add up)
  • Coaching feedback after the posession, game, and season. These would be the things you did well, the things you need to work on...
  • NFL gurus like Kiper Jr and McShay commenting on your progress towards the next level and projecting you in your senior year.
And as the original poster stated, these are not wish list items. They're points of emphasis that I would certainly build into a college football game, whether text based or graphical. Hopefully, the inbound improvements match this list.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 AM   #23
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

Yeah RTG i would revamp the whole thing like the High school season. If they can auto generate fake schools for playoff feature then i see it possible to have a generic hs season where my player could receive interest.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Road To Glory
  • Start your playing career with a player builder interface, where you select ratings and physical characteristics from a pool of points you can spend. This way, there's no risk of maxing out ratings, but you still can become more specialized in areas you'd like.
  • Play the entire senior season at your HS, getting recruited along the way, making visits, etc. This avoids the bogus HS playoff ratings boost you compile every time you start a new RTG game.
  • Compile your player video and endorsements and send them to your selected schools if you don't get heavily recruited.
  • National Letter of Intent Day (nuff said)
  • Attend summer camps for physical and awareness boosts
  • Frat, dorm, or apartment...
  • Personal events would be added including class study, and the other evening personal events. This time though, rather than weekly boosts, you receive permanent incrimental boosts (smaller points accumulations that will eventually add up)
  • Coaching feedback after the posession, game, and season. These would be the things you did well, the things you need to work on...
  • NFL gurus like Kiper Jr and McShay commenting on your progress towards the next level and projecting you in your senior year.
1000% agree
I love the list. Along with more customizablitiy(quarters,looks), progression, and drills/better practice It would be the best BAP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »