Home

Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

This is a discussion on Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Dynasty mode I'd add in HC/OC/DC/STC each would have their own ratings. I'd make each coach different from how they recruit to what systems they run to what kind of plays they choose. Then obv I'd add in the carousel.
Would you make it like an AD type of mode or a coach mode?
Agressive AD or Agressive Coach type. Where you make all decisions. Help out in recruiting. What playstyle you run. The entire staff hiring. Play most of te games
Conservative: Where you just make schedules, Add on to Stadium, Just hire the major Signings. Mainly sim it. Jersey changes.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #34
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Would you make it like an AD type of mode or a coach mode?
Agressive AD or Agressive Coach type. Where you make all decisions. Help out in recruiting. What playstyle you run. The entire staff hiring. Play most of te games
Conservative: Where you just make schedules, Add on to Stadium, Just hire the major Signings. Mainly sim it. Jersey changes.
You'd be the coach.

I'd make it so ADs had different personalities. Some would be cheap others let you spend a ton. If you have a cheap AD he might not give you the extra money that would allow you to make long distance recruiting trips, hire better staff. He also might make you schedule a certain way that'd help generate money. You'd still have some say on who you get to play though.

This is something coaches face in real life and it'd add a layer of difficulty. You'd really feel the pressure coaching at a small school with little resources and an AD who only cares about making money, not necessarily winning.

I know IRL my school has a cheap AD and that impacts the kind of coaches we get, where we recruit, who we schedule and our AD even removed some seats from the stadium recently.

I'd also make it so some ADs care about winning more than others. You'd be able to change all these ratings before the dynasty started.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
You'd be the coach.

I'd make it so ADs had different personalities. Some would be cheap others let you spend a ton. If you have a cheap AD he might not give you the extra money that would allow you to make long distance recruiting trips, hire better staff. He also might make you schedule a certain way that'd help generate money. You'd still have some say on who you get to play though.

This is something coaches face in real life and it'd add a layer of difficulty. You'd really feel the pressure coaching at a small school with little resources and an AD who only cares about making money, not necessarily winning.

I know IRL my school has a cheap AD and that impacts the kind of coaches we get, where we recruit, who we schedule and our AD even removed some seats from the stadium recently.

I'd also make it so some ADs care about winning more than others. You'd be able to change all these ratings before the dynasty started.
Agree with every thing you said.
I would add tendencies to ALL the staff. For example, the DC who runs a agressive 3-4 and a OC who runs a conservative prostyle offense.
I would have each OC and DC have a randomize playstyle/playbook and recruits who fit their scheme. I would have OC/DCs in the coaching pools.
I would have Dynasty like a Legacy mode with Coaching Carousel. Where the user can either start off as a HC in a 1 star school or as OC/DC in 2-3 star(because it would take longer). Users will have to select a list of schools. For OC/DC starters, they will be able to have either default playbook/playstyle or a custom playbook. Then after 2 plus seasons, you get a HC job at a 3 Star School, then move on to a bigger schools. HC starters will rely on OC/DC for playstyles/playbooks. I would add coaching pool menus separated by type of coach, playstyle/playbooks, experience. Each Staff will have small bonuses.Coaches have to be aggressive in recruiting when you a bad scout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

RTG:
I would start it off in the Senior year as a 1 star recruit. The state that you choose will determine strength of schedule(Texas, Florida, California) It will be about 10 games+ the playoffs. RTG players will get recruited by multiple teams. There will be a Email system. Your High School coach will have goals for you. You will see scouts on the sideline in team color jackets with cameras. Towards the middle of the season, Players will get emails from HC and recruiters. The better you do the higher grade youll get. Coaches will email you their playstyle and what your potential depth chart status. Some coaches will probably suggest you play a different position. There wll be a high school menu, mainly score, stats, playoffs. It will have a Big Board. There will be an ESPN Player evaluation. It will describe your playstyle and what schemes you fit. Potential teams. RTG players can select up to 3-5 main teams you will select. Their will be a High School All Star game. Only teams that RTG players fit their scheme will be in the signing day.
Once players get their they will have to work very hard to move up spots. Once players get the Starting job, they can still lose it with a terrible game. Their would be constant competition. Their will be drills. Their would be a stricter and harder class part. I would bring back the classes from PS2. Their would be a draft projection. Their would be a better heisman presentation. Their would be presentation and commentary. Their would be more custom abilty and quarters. Their would be a better progression and skill points. I would add the abilty to play KR/PR. After each year, there will be a different scout report on the player. Coaches will email you.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #37
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

i wish you could hire assistant coaches....
as well as having your head coach have ratings.

For example if you have a coach that coached maybe 2 years at Arizona state you win a bowl game or two you have 3-4 prestige rating and you opt out of resigning and you go to a smaller crappy school like WKU

i would like to have your ratings carried over and maybe since your prestige at your new school is lower and the coaches is higher it has a effect on dynamic attendance, as well as getting a better shot at recruits, other stuff like that. thats basic for me

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #38
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
RTG:
I would start it off in the Senior year as a 1 star recruit. The state that you choose will determine strength of schedule(Texas, Florida, California) It will be about 10 games+ the playoffs. RTG players will get recruited by multiple teams. There will be a Email system. Your High School coach will have goals for you. You will see scouts on the sideline in team color jackets with cameras. Towards the middle of the season, Players will get emails from HC and recruiters. The better you do the higher grade youll get. Coaches will email you their playstyle and what your potential depth chart status. Some coaches will probably suggest you play a different position. There wll be a high school menu, mainly score, stats, playoffs. It will have a Big Board. There will be an ESPN Player evaluation. It will describe your playstyle and what schemes you fit. Potential teams. RTG players can select up to 3-5 main teams you will select. Their will be a High School All Star game. Only teams that RTG players fit their scheme will be in the signing day.
Once players get their they will have to work very hard to move up spots. Once players get the Starting job, they can still lose it with a terrible game. Their would be constant competition. Their will be drills. Their would be a stricter and harder class part. I would bring back the classes from PS2. Their would be a draft projection. Their would be a better heisman presentation. Their would be presentation and commentary. Their would be more custom abilty and quarters. Their would be a better progression and skill points. I would add the abilty to play KR/PR. After each year, there will be a different scout report on the player. Coaches will email you.
Making the HS portion longer than just a state playoff would be a better fit for "road to glory" concept bc that "road" doesnt start at the playoffs it starts waaay before. But being able to play your whole senior season would be good start.

I would like having a system of attribute pts available to add to any area based on some pre-season workouts/drills, how good you do and how you apply your attributes will determine your star ranking( like being on the 250//150 Espn watchlist), as you go through your Senior season you can do weekly training where you can earn more attribute pts to apply to any area you would like to boost. And attending practice whether it be a limit of like 10 reps to see if you can gain in a specific area like awareness or something.

Custom qtr length is a must to make RTG better bc just gettin to play one drive per qtr(5 min) is a pain and every play has to go to you to make an impact but with longer qtrs it makes it much more better to actually earn appropriate stats.

I would have it so that there are rankings and other players(auto-generated) you are competing against during your last season. Like climbing into the top 250 and the the top 150 then etc(if you didnt do well during the pre-season workouts) to earn a 5 star ranking. Then be able to take offers and cut schoold and add schools you interested in and be able to commit and decommit during the season or wait until NSD. Plus have the players your going against actually committing somewhere and you can follow them or find out who the college likes and is recruiting along with you. Like if your a 5 star or 4 and a college is going after low star atheletes then you factor that into your decision or if you have a big college recruiting only high tier players and you dont like the competition then that is a factor too. Then have teammates be good players too and be able to follow you. Like you being able to recruit and persuade your teammates to come with you,

I would implement a personality or chemistry aspect on how you carry yourself. Attending practice every week would build chemistry, once a star getting interviewed and answering correctly makes a positive personality and making negative comments or arrogant cocky replies means youll build a negative personality.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #39
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Also for Dynasty I would have it so that not all 5 star recruits or 4 star recruits commit during the first 5/6/7 weeks where before if you target them late you have no shot. Plus make it so that a recruit that is commited can have it where they are still open or not towards being recruited still, which will open the way for de-commits and the cpu can still recruit your players as well.

Bc i hated when a prospect commited it meant you can persuade him to jump to you.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
You'd be the coach.

I love this idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »