Home

my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

This is a discussion on my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
If true, then that stinks.... I have no clue how the NCAA could have control over something like that. Would you mind posting a link to wherever you heard/saw this? Thanks....
That's what I was referring to when I said I wish EA could convince the NCAA people that fans rushing the field in no way reflects badly on the game or NCAA. EA could simply leave out goal posts being torn down and, as I said, it would only happen once every few years in your dynasty... so I don't see what the big deal is.

EA needs to present it to the NCAA in a way that shows the excitement and how it actually helps the game/presentation. I mean, come on... Cam Newton gets a pass because he... ahem... didn't know what his father was doing... but we can't have fans rushing the field in a video game???

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

We need to support a movement away from licenses. Especially when it comes to college games where you can't put the players in anyway. Look at teambuilder and you can see how close we are to having a team creator capable of creating any school. A game with no license would be allowed to do whatever it wanted and not have to answer to anyone.

I know trying to sell a game with no license is tough, but we've never had a game that really did it right.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #27
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That's what I was referring to when I said I wish EA could convince the NCAA people that fans rushing the field in no way reflects badly on the game or NCAA. EA could simply leave out goal posts being torn down and, as I said, it would only happen once every few years in your dynasty... so I don't see what the big deal is.

EA needs to present it to the NCAA in a way that shows the excitement and how it actually helps the game/presentation. I mean, come on... Cam Newton gets a pass because he... ahem... didn't know what his father was doing... but we can't have fans rushing the field in a video game???
Real bummer. Anyhow just remember to EA its QB #2; they dont know this Cam Newton person per fear of lawsuits from washout Nebraska players......
Old 04-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #28
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyhow just remember to EA its QB #2; they dont know this Cam Newton person per fear of lawsuits from washout Nebraska players

That was pretty funny.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #29
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree with alot of what you say in your initial post, but I believe the main crux of the problem lies with the fact that the words "presentation" and "commentary" are missing the word "dynamic" in front of them.

We've been complaining for years that all the games are the same and all the seasons are the same. Sure, EA added some new cutscenes to separate the title games from the regular season, however, without stat overlays and adaptive commentary, the games still lack substance.

In your dynasty, you really have to imagine the intense buildup to a big conference game, the constant track race between Heisman Trophy contenders for the trophy, or the pressure of a team trying to stay undefeated. Why isn't this information reflected in the commentary/presentation? Why don't the commentators talk about the conference standings, Top 25, Heisman Race, Recruiting race, flow of the game, quarterback comparisons, (return of the Sports Ticker perhaps? someday?!) etc? Why don't they show you a stat overlay for whatever the topic is about? Except for the part at the end of the game where Brad mentions the team's new record or the slight mention of the occasional NCAA/school record being broken, the commentary consisting of the same lines from previous years remains the same for each and every game you play. The #2 team just beat the #1 team for the right to go to the National Championship, eh, so what? who cares?

Dynamic commentary/presentation! If you've never heard of it, play NBA 2k11 or MLB the Show!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #30
Roll Tribe

Senator Stone's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SIDELINES AND THE CHAIN GANG! Damn, you act as if that crap is a gameplay killer. If you don't like the damned fact that they don't have a chain gang, don't buy the damned game. Every damned post I read from you is about the goddamned chain gang. Shut up about the chain gang.
Whoa.

images.jpeg
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #31
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SIDELINES AND THE CHAIN GANG! Damn, you act as if that crap is a gameplay killer. If you don't like the damned fact that they don't have a chain gang, don't buy the damned game. Every damned post I read from you is about the goddamned chain gang. Shut up about the chain gang.

wow really? im pretty sure that was uncalled for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #32
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

He's mad at the wrong people.

It's 2011, the chain gang being in the game should be a given. There's no excuse for it not being there. I'm sure they can blame memory/space issues or framerate or whatver else. Don't care what their reason is, too many games have had it in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »