Home

Accelerated Clock!

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Accelerated Clock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The problem is is that the hurry up offense is kinda ineffective when huddling up is actually quicker.
yup thats why it has to be on the entire game, because if the accelerated clock is off it makes more sense to huddle up and quickly call a play. thats why it was the dumbest idea ever to turn it off in the final two minutes, it defeats the whole purpose.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

I don't understand lol. Games already end darn fast with 5 minute quarters so why have ACC clock on all game?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Although not totally along your lines I too have a big gripe about clock management.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds, your lucky that this year they may fake hike every now and then.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
MVP

the cpu clock management definitely needs an overhaul. gator were definitely talking about generally adjusting the typical qtr length. last year even with the limited accelerated clock most sliders had qtr lengths of at least 7 minutes to account for the difference and get off realistic number of plays.

if the accelerated clock is implemented correctly, and the cpu uses clock too, then the game shouldnt last much longer if at all. personally i dont necessarily have to have 15 minute quarters, i just want it to feel natural with an accelerated clock and a realistic cpu
Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
The reason why it goes off under two minutes is so that if you are trailing and you need to put together a two minute offense you do not have to worry about the automatic 25 sec run off. If you are ahead and are just chewing clock, it's really no big deal just to let the clock run down to 1 under two minutes.

But maybe they could put accelerated clock in and have the chew the clock feature in as well? So that way under two minutes, someone could turn on chew the clock to run the clock out the rest of the way without waiting.

In other words, the two are completely different features used for completely different purposes. Chew the clock is optional and only used by teams in certain key situations or by teams that like to play ball control and TOP. Accelerated clock forces the game to play faster for both sides, hence the reason it shuts off under two minutes.
Actually, IMO I think it would enhance the difficulty of running a two minute offense. What do offenses do under 2 minutes anyways? 95% of the time the run a no huddle offense. That wouldn't have anything to do with the 15, 20 or 25 second runoff. Not if you don't huddle up. It would also make you utilize the importance of saving timeouts. That and setting up your no huddle play calls.

One thing I always wished the developers of the game would incorporate was a more diverse game between the AI, the user and the AI burning timeouts throughout the game, not just under 2 minutes. As the game stands currently, as the two minute warning sounds the AI uses at least 2 timeouts consecutively, no matter what. I would think that if a quarterbacks IQ is low where the AI QB might get confused that it would trigger a timeout if the user correctly picks a great defensive call against the formation the AI has chosen. Not just under 2 minutes. It could be the 7th minute in of the first quarter. Maybe crowd noise for the AI under road conditions could have this affect. The QB can't get his signals out and has to call a timeout thus making the crowd even louder.

Last edited by steelersfan77; 04-24-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
the cpu clock management definitely needs an overhaul. gator were definitely talking about generally adjusting the typical qtr length. last year even with the limited accelerated clock most sliders had qtr lengths of at least 7 minutes to account for the difference and get off realistic number of plays.

if the accelerated clock is implemented correctly, and the cpu uses clock too, then the game shouldnt last much longer if at all. personally i dont necessarily have to have 15 minute quarters, i just want it to feel natural with an accelerated clock and a realistic cpu
You must be mistaken. Accelerated clock was not in NCAA 11. Chew the clock was. And that is a COMPLETELY diffferent feature.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
You must be mistaken. Accelerated clock was not in NCAA 11. Chew the clock was. And that is a COMPLETELY diffferent feature.
Accelerated clock was included. The playclock always ran 8-10 seconds off either before a huddle or after it. I noticed this in one of the early hype videos for NCAA 11 and asked about it and those were the times Russ or Ben gave me.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Accelerated clock was included. The playclock always ran 8-10 seconds off either before a huddle or after it. I noticed this in one of the early hype videos for NCAA 11 and asked about it and those were the times Russ or Ben gave me.
yeah, usually about 8-10 seconds gets run off if you huddle up. I assume it's to "simulate" the time it takes to huddle up.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »