Home

Accelerated Clock!

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Accelerated Clock!

Here's hoping that Accelerated Clock makes it in to NCAA Football 12! Can you imagine playing a game with these awesome presentation upgrades, ESPN stat overlays, improved graphics, AND a fifteen minute clock so that you can get a realistic number of plays and stats. Accelerated clock enhances the realism of the game overall IMO and I really thought NCAA Football 11 would get it after Madden 10 had it. It's such a small feature that I am sure it wouldn't take long at all to put into the game with the option of having it ON or OFF.

Oh well. I guess it's like the "Squib Kick" option. It's such a small feature that we probably won't know if it's in the game until the game releases. But since they finally added squib kick back into the game, maybe there is hope for the accelerated clock as well!

PS. When I refer to the accelerated clock, I do not mean the "Chew the Clock" feature that is currently in the game. Invariably, someone always responds as if this is a true solution. True accelerated clock, like Madden 10 and 11 had, allows a player to play 15 minute quarter and get SIM-like stats. It provides the option for a 15, 20, or 25 sec run off that occurs every play except when the clock goes under 2 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'd love for this to be in NCAA 12. Though one thing I never understood is why it does get turned off under two minutes, surely that's the time when it is most important that it's there.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Accelerated Clock!

The reason why it goes off under two minutes is so that if you are trailing and you need to put together a two minute offense you do not have to worry about the automatic 25 sec run off. If you are ahead and are just chewing clock, it's really no big deal just to let the clock run down to 1 under two minutes.

But maybe they could put accelerated clock in and have the chew the clock feature in as well? So that way under two minutes, someone could turn on chew the clock to run the clock out the rest of the way without waiting.

In other words, the two are completely different features used for completely different purposes. Chew the clock is optional and only used by teams in certain key situations or by teams that like to play ball control and TOP. Accelerated clock forces the game to play faster for both sides, hence the reason it shuts off under two minutes.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I hate that thing... Well I hate that they use a full 25-40 seconds to pick a play but we only have 5 minute quaters.

That's heaven for a good running team. If your down a score or so against a running team they can run the whole 4th Q with 3 first downs. And being the way defense is most of the time it's damn near impossible sometimes.

IMO EA could fix it where you still have the full time to pick a play but the clock only starts running at a certain point. It would help online I think but that's me...
Old 04-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If they implement it like Madden or APF, then I would be happy. But it really needs to run the entire game including the last two minutes of a half. Right now in Madden 10 or 11 you can huddle up and snap the ball in under 10 seconds which means you can run 15 plays if you wanted to in the final two minutes. If accelerated clock ran the entire game, then in those last few minutes you would be forced to run a hurry up offense just like in real life.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

its more for the people who play longer than 5 minutes
Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I love it. And keep it running through the last 2 minutes.

The problem is is that the hurry up offense is kinda ineffective when huddling up is actually quicker.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

needs to be in and it needs to be in the entire game. turning it off during the final two minutes is another example of catering to cheesers and idiots who cant figure out that if you huddle while the clock is running with 10 seconds left, youre not going to get the play off in real life. accelerated clock was in ncaa 11, it was just limited.

it needs to be on all the time by default and then give the option to turn it off for offline play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »