Home

Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #73
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12?

If the two problems with FCS teams are 1.) Disk space and/or 2.) Too many extra teams to track in a dynasty i.e. memory or what have you, then there IS a compromise solution.

1.) Don't include any FCS teams on the disk, but let us download as many teambuilder teams as we want (or at least some high number like 100). It's my hard drive space and there's NO reason not to let us do this.

2.) Let us assign teams from our teambuilder list that can be scheduled in a dynasty, and that the computer will pull from when it wants to play an FCS team. We could even define teams by region (i.e. which teambuilder teams belong to West, East, etc). so if the computer wants to play FCS West, it pulls from a pool of teams we define as "FCS West" (Weber State, Montana, etc) and plays THEM.

Those teambuilder teams are not actually IN the dynasty, they're just there to be used like those fake ones are now. No need to track their stats, wins, losses, but we can at least see realistic schedules and FCS teams to play. It's a bit of work on OUR end to download those teams and define them in the various regions, but at least it gives us the chance to do it without EA needing to add the teams on the disk or track them in the dynasty.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #74
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I really don't care if they are in our out. But just wish they would take out the fake ones. I never tried this last year can you replace the fake ones with teambuilder teams.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #75
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I really don't care if they are in our out. But just wish they would take out the fake ones. I never tried this last year can you replace the fake ones with teambuilder teams.
No but if you could it would make teambuilder a whole lot more useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
If the two problems with FCS teams are 1.) Disk space and/or 2.) Too many extra teams to track in a dynasty i.e. memory or what have you, then there IS a compromise solution.

If they added all the stadiums then I could believe disk space could be an issue. I find it hard to believe that they can't get in the rosters so that the teams can at least play away games against FBS teams. The rosters do not even have to be anywhere close to accurate either if they can be edited. People edit the FBS rosters as it is. If disk space is such an issue how did they ever get in all this new presentation stuff? Only EA knows.

Last edited by berad88; 05-03-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #76
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
No but if you could it would make teambuilder a whole lot more useful.
Yea I agree wish they would add that feature. Also like to see in custom conferences the ability to adjust amount of teams.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #77
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Seeing FCS West kills just as much immersion for me as seeing EA band logo's, the EA logo next to the score, seeing the crowd holding EA signs, seeing EA boards along sides of stadiums, and actually listening to the commentary though I can at least mute that.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #78
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That would be cool but it would be cooler if they also came up with a way to replace the fake FCS teams in a normal dynasty.
yeah i hope they let us replace them... cause i would then just take the best FCS team from that region from TB
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #79
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Or they could just put FCS teams in the game...or give us the actual reason why they haven't been included so we either A)stop speculating on why they aren't there or B)Stop hoping for them...especially when you wait each year hoping that EA decided to show a little love and then we get nothing.

The interest for FCS teams are there...that's why so many people try to re-create them on Teambuilder...Teambuilder just doesn't cut the mustard and is very time consuming...Teambuilder is perfect for those creating fake or fantasy squads, IMO.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #80
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Or they could just put FCS teams in the game...or give us the actual reason why they haven't been included so we either A)stop speculating on why they aren't there or B)Stop hoping for them...especially when you wait each year hoping that EA decided to show a little love and then we get nothing.

The interest for FCS teams are there...that's why so many people try to re-create them on Teambuilder...Teambuilder just doesn't cut the mustard and is very time consuming...Teambuilder is perfect for those creating fake or fantasy squads, IMO.
I agree with you. I also think a lot of people do not even know what FCS is and how often they play FBS teams or the demand would be even greater yet. I can easily understand having all the FCS teams with stadiums and playoffs and all being to much to fit on a dvd for the 360 but they could still just do roster files so that those teams can play against FBS teams. I mean seriously, how much disk space would a bunch of roster files take????
EA is aware of the issue. A few years ago before they added teambuilder they did a little survey thing asking people what they would like to see in the game the most. I do not remember all the answers but teambuilder was on there and that obviously was added and there was something about the FCS. I am going to guess that it did not get enough votes to be a high priority so I keep hope that FCS can make it in in some sort of form sometime soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »