Home

Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12?

Every year on the 360 and PS3 the NCAA football games have released and unfortunately have lacked FCS teams, or at least real FCS teams. We do get those FCS West type teams, but they are pretty much a joke. They have terrible rosters, play 32 games a week, and when in game the commentators often call them by different nicknames than it says on the schedule.

Every year I, like many others, hope that EA finally would add the FCS teams, but they don't and I am left sad inside. This ultimately leads to me being depressed and has caused me to lose a few well paying jobs.

Anyways, the reason I saw EA give on this forums many times for not including the FCS teams was not disk space like many people seem to believe, but it was the way the schedule was structured. When creating the game for next-gen consoles EA made the coding for the schedule to support 120 teams in their respective conferences. But now that this coming season is going to include many conference changes and then the next few seasons we are going to see the addition of a few new teams to FBS football, this leads me to believe they had to rework the way scheduling was done.

So, if they reworked the way the schedule worked every year to account for all the new conference alignments, and hopefully the new teams being added, then that means the chance of having FCS teams is possible. Another thing that has me thinking we might see FCS teams is in one of the recent trailers they show a band in the stands. I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like any band that would represent a current FBS school. Its the one that is wearing the all black and yellow uniforms which I am having a hard time thinking of teams with black and yellow as their man two colors. I know there are a few like Missouri for example that could be a possibility, but it did not look like Mizzou's shade of yellow.

If someone can find out what school the band shown is from, that would be nice. I'm having trouble figuring out. If it doesn't look like an FBS school, which I don't think it is, then that makes me believe we may actually see a good number of FCS schools this year.

What do you think? Am I crazy? Do you know what school the band is from? Do they really have to rework the scheduling?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Chances of FCS teams in NCAA 12?

not this gen.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Probably not. The amount of extra space it would require could go to far better uses.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Probably not. The amount of extra space it would require could go to far better uses.
Disagree wholeheartedly with this. Space is not the issue as all the FCS teams were included in the last gen games. Also, FCS teams is a huge priority and not something that should be considered secondary. Can you imagine playing an NBA game and only having half the teams? Or playing an NFL game and only having half the teams? If gamers wouldn't settle for it in those cases, why do we settle for it with NCAA?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Disagree wholeheartedly with this. Space is not the issue as all the FCS teams were included in the last gen games. Also, FCS teams is a huge priority and not something that should be considered secondary. Can you imagine playing an NBA game and only having half the teams? Or playing an NFL game and only having half the teams? If gamers wouldn't settle for it in those cases, why do we settle for it with NCAA?
Although I agree with you, comparing the FBS and FCS to two conferences in NFL and NBA is not a great analogy.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
In last gen art and audio didnt take up as much space as it does now. I would love to play App. State or Delaware or Montana.
If we were able to sub Teambuilder FCS teams with the current terrible FCS teams I would be okay with that
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Trust me. It is not an issue of disc space. That has already been stated many, many times.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Another thing that has me thinking we might see FCS teams is in one of the recent trailers they show a band in the stands. I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like any band that would represent a current FBS school. Its the one that is wearing the all black and yellow uniforms which I am having a hard time thinking of teams with black and yellow as their man two colors.
Iowa, maybe?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »