Home

how i think coaching carousel should be implemented

This is a discussion on how i think coaching carousel should be implemented within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: how i think coaching carousel should be implemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l

They should have a mindset though where they will recruit to fit their offensive style.
Yes! Without this coaching carousel is useless. Heck, even Dynasty is pretty useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #26
Pro

Special27K's Arena

Coaching Sliders

-Run/Pass --- This needs to be more sensitive than the one implemented now. If its set to 15 then the team should only pass 15% of the time, given the situation of the game. There needs to be a huge amount of HC/OC/DC's with varying Run/Pass Sliders. Obviously the the extremes 15-30(Run heavy) and 70-85(Pass heavy) should occur less frequently in coaches then mass 40-60(More balanced group). Defensively DC's should probably never stray from that 40-60 range.

-Aggressiveness --- Right now we have no idea what the "Offensive Aggressiveness" Slider does at all. There was a topic in the Slider sub-forum where none of us could see a change. Offensively it should affect number of deep pass plays called, 4th and short attempts, 2 point conversion attempts. However if its set to 100 by no means does that mean they attempt 4th down and 2 point conversions every chance they're given. They never should attempt a 4th down behind say, their 45. NEVER. The 100 setting should mean roughly half the time they'll attempt that 4th and 2 instead of taking the long 40+ yard FG. Defensively the current slider has everyone and I mean everyone blitzing way too much. Especially on 3rd down, a lot of the time teams sell out and make it way too easy to convert. A 45 on this slider currently has a team blitzing probably 8 out of 10 plays and more then once they'd bring 7. 45 Should be average, 4 or 5 blitzes out of 10 and doubtfully bring a 7 man blitz in there. The new "Defensive Aggressiveness" Slider should affect blitzing percentages, big hits, and interception and strip attempts.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Coaching Sliders

-Run/Pass --- This needs to be more sensitive than the one implemented now. If its set to 15 then the team should only pass 15% of the time, given the situation of the game. There needs to be a huge amount of HC/OC/DC's with varying Run/Pass Sliders. Obviously the the extremes 15-30(Run heavy) and 70-85(Pass heavy) should occur less frequently in coaches then mass 40-60(More balanced group). Defensively DC's should probably never stray from that 40-60 range.

-Aggressiveness --- Right now we have no idea what the "Offensive Aggressiveness" Slider does at all. There was a topic in the Slider sub-forum where none of us could see a change. Offensively it should affect number of deep pass plays called, 4th and short attempts, 2 point conversion attempts. However if its set to 100 by no means does that mean they attempt 4th down and 2 point conversions every chance they're given. They never should attempt a 4th down behind say, their 45. NEVER. The 100 setting should mean roughly half the time they'll attempt that 4th and 2 instead of taking the long 40+ yard FG. Defensively the current slider has everyone and I mean everyone blitzing way too much. Especially on 3rd down, a lot of the time teams sell out and make it way too easy to convert. A 45 on this slider currently has a team blitzing probably 8 out of 10 plays and more then once they'd bring 7. 45 Should be average, 4 or 5 blitzes out of 10 and doubtfully bring a 7 man blitz in there. The new "Defensive Aggressiveness" Slider should affect blitzing percentages, big hits, and interception and strip attempts.

Somewhat of a contradiction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Coaching Sliders

I don't know about NEVER. I know the game can't figure out the right situations properly, but there are many times throughout a season where teams do this. Heck Mike Leach was known for going for it on 4th anywhere on the field. Also last year I know of the top of my head my Huskers went for it on 4th on like the 35 yd line once in a close game in the 2nd quarter.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #29
Pro

Special27K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Somewhat of a contradiction?
Yeah, it is a little. I'd just hate to see a team go for it on 4th every chance they get is all.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Yeah, it is a little. I'd just hate to see a team go for it on 4th every chance they get is all.
atleast you admit it.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #31
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I disagree. I think ALL playbooks should be attached to individual coaches/coordinators and we can not customize any plays in their playbook. To make it your own custom playbook, you should have to create a coach/coordinator, IMO. If there is no create a coach/coordinator option available then any customized plays in that coaches/coordinators playbook, should now be theirs and follow them.

To the OP, I really like everything I read about what you suggested and really hope they implement something like that with the addition of:

All playbooks being linked to coaches/coordinators, not schools. With each coach/coordinator having a base set of plays and the whole staffs individual playbooks coming together to create the teams playbook. Every year during the season, each coach/coordinator on the staff would add additional plays to their individual base playbooks from the team collective playbook. To simulate coaches/coordinators building their individual base playbooks by learning from other coaches/coordinators.

Have the OP's system and linked playbooks implemented into Madden so ALL NCAA coaches/coordinators can be imported like NCAA draft classes and allow Madden's NFL coaches/coordinators to also be imported into NCAA.

What do you think of that?
If this is how it would be done then I would fall off the wagon. Only way I could do it as stated above is if I make a coach to have an offensive and a defensive playbook as a HC.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-27-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Changed a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #32
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

The thing I'm gonna love most is how ur reputation is gonna follow you from school to school so I can rebuild a school and if I decide to leave and go rebuild another school the recruits should take interest in the school I go to.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »