Home

Neutral Site games

This is a discussion on Neutral Site games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Neutral Site games

Yeah all that speculation is a long ways off...let's just keep to the task at hand. Bugging EA to get neutral site games back in as an option for dynasty mode!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #50
Rookie

Has anyone heard any news on 13...? I forget when E3 is and when more info starts to come out
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Yes, please give us neutral site games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #52
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Also Make "Neutral" site games matter. It shouldnt be like this years game when you play in the bowl game and your the home team, your team fills 90% of the stadium and still getting home field advantage. Thats unrealistic.
Actually I think the best option would be some formula based on distance from the school and a team's "fan base" rating. If a team with an A+ fanbase is playing a team with a C+ fanbase in the A+ team's backyard, it should be close to a 75-25 split at least.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Actually I think the best option would be some formula based on distance from the school and a team's "fan base" rating. If a team with an A+ fanbase is playing a team with a C+ fanbase in the A+ team's backyard, it should be close to a 75-25 split at least.
I like it but my guess it would be too complex for EA to implicate. That's just the pestimistic side of me
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #54
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCWS83
I like it but my guess it would be too complex for EA to implicate. That's just the pestimistic side of me
They already have the distance and fanbase things programmed in for the purposes of recruiting. It seems like it would be logical to say:

1) Take the Neutral Site
2) Start at 50-50
3) For every letter grade higher one teams' fanbase rating is, shift the crowd to them 10% (5% for a half grade)
4) For every letter grade higher one teams' proximity is, shift the crowd to them 10% (5% for a half grade)

So lets say its LSU vs. Oregon at Cowboys stadium. LSU has an A+ fanbase to Oregon's A (going from memory here), so at first pass it's 55-45 LSU. LSU would have a B to Oregon's D- in proximity so it would shift further to 80-20 LSU. I seem to recall roughly that much purple, but it was 6 months ago so I'm not perfectly certain.

You could add in variables if you wanted for how well each team is doing and give bonuses to teams like Nebraska that have a history of travelling well. It seems doable, at least on a basic level.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #55
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
They already have the distance and fanbase things programmed in for the purposes of recruiting. It seems like it would be logical to say:

1) Take the Neutral Site
2) Start at 50-50
3) For every letter grade higher one teams' fanbase rating is, shift the crowd to them 10% (5% for a half grade)
4) For every letter grade higher one teams' proximity is, shift the crowd to them 10% (5% for a half grade)

So lets say its LSU vs. Oregon at Cowboys stadium. LSU has an A+ fanbase to Oregon's A (going from memory here), so at first pass it's 55-45 LSU. LSU would have a B to Oregon's D- in proximity so it would shift further to 80-20 LSU. I seem to recall roughly that much purple, but it was 6 months ago so I'm not perfectly certain.

You could add in variables if you wanted for how well each team is doing and give bonuses to teams like Nebraska that have a history of travelling well. It seems doable, at least on a basic level.
Love this. And I feel like it would be easy to implement but what do I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #56
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCWS83
Has anyone heard any news on 13...? I forget when E3 is and when more info starts to come out
A ton of info came out before E3 last year. E3 was the first week of June last year I believe. May is usually the news month for NCAA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »