Home

Expanded rosters?

This is a discussion on Expanded rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #73
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Expanded rosters?

If they plan on expanding rosters I hope they can get medical/grey shirts in the game.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
I really want a working fatigue system to make the larger roster necessary. As it is now depth isn't a concern at all.

When I am trying to recruit the "strength" of my team the Oline and Dline i would beg to difer about depth "not being a concern at all" especially with the number of good to great recruits in the classes for NCAA11 at these positions. JMO
Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You don't see schools in real life saying "Hey, we have 14 seniors, so we can only sign 14 guys." We shouldn't have to do that either.
Actually that is exactly what they do (with the exception of SEC schools that oversign, but that is a topic for another discussion).

NCAA limits teams to 85 scholarships and a maximum of 25 per year, but even at the 25 per year you can't go over a total of 85. So if you have 85 players on scholarship and only 14 are seniors (ignoring for this example the chance of juniors going pro or players transferring) you can only give out 14 scholarships in the current recruiting cycle. yes, this means in the few weeks between the end of the season and signing day that number fluctuates due to transfers, draft defections, etc, and some teams oversign that number and then talk other players into leaving the program (which is a shady practice and is not used by everyone).

I wish this was worked into future NCAA recruiting systems... you shouldn't be able to recruit more than you are losing... and "players leaving" happens before offseason recruiting so you would still have a chance to use those new scholarships you get for players going to the nfl or transferring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #76
Rookie

As for position minimums, I agree they need to go. Its ridiculous that i start a dynasty with a team that doesn't use a FB, their formations don't have a FB in them, and their default roster DOESN'T INCLUDE A FB, but my first recruiting year I have to sign one or take one as a walk-on...
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
As for position minimums, I agree they need to go. Its ridiculous that i start a dynasty with a team that doesn't use a FB, their formations don't have a FB in them, and their default roster DOESN'T INCLUDE A FB, but my first recruiting year I have to sign one or take one as a walk-on...

I 100% agree. Even if you had a formation that required a fb you could put a DT, TE, HB or anyone there. It should limit you or tell you what you have to have.

I think the reason it is in and will always be in is for the computer controlled teams. We have a hard enough time getting them to have depth at roster spots and have 1 guard, 1 walk-on guard and 8 QB's. Not sure if they have the knowledge or capability to make it otherwise.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 9

Even with oversigning the majority of the teams that oversign don't ask players to leave, they have them grayshirt. Of course in order for that to completely work we would need the 115 roster spots to allow for practice squads, etc. That is what I would want but would settle for increase they would give us be it 71, 75, 80 or 85.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #79
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
Actually that is exactly what they do (with the exception of SEC schools that oversign, but that is a topic for another discussion).

NCAA limits teams to 85 scholarships and a maximum of 25 per year, but even at the 25 per year you can't go over a total of 85. So if you have 85 players on scholarship and only 14 are seniors (ignoring for this example the chance of juniors going pro or players transferring) you can only give out 14 scholarships in the current recruiting cycle. yes, this means in the few weeks between the end of the season and signing day that number fluctuates due to transfers, draft defections, etc, and some teams oversign that number and then talk other players into leaving the program (which is a shady practice and is not used by everyone).
The fact is that a majority of schools do some form of oversigning. They may not go over the 25 limit, but many power conference schools do not stop at the 85. They will take away scholarships from current players. They will talk guys into transferring. They will do whatever it takes to bring in the players that they feel will help them out the most. It's not just the SEC by ANY means.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »