Home

Expanded rosters?

This is a discussion on Expanded rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Expanded rosters?

I could also could make an argument for the fact that the 1200 players could represent the "cut players" that someone was asking to make Jucos, also do ALL of the recruits generated in the recruiting classes sign with a team? Doesn't seem to me that they do but correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Given that Madden already had fewer teams and fewer players to start with, it's much easier for EA to expand the rosters for that game than NCAA.

I still don't think we see it for NCAA this year. I could be wrong, obviously.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeh I remember like 2 years ago I had a dynasty with Michigan and had a great recruiting class one year but not many Seniors left. I had to cut two 3 star players and a few 2 stars as well. That's pretty ridiculous although maybe so was my ability to recruit.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I often cut juniors who are rated equally to a freshman, if it comes down to it. That or I'll cut a low-rated player if I think I can replace him with another position if bad comes to worse (subbing a LB for a DT, etc) if I'm pressed with a hard choice.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
i think it's like 55-60 but i agree i don'tthink it's a big to have 8-10 additional roster spots for guys who won't even see the field.....

hell even if they did open up the extra roster spots they would probably assign all 40's for ratings in most categories because i don't think it's a big concern for EA

10 Additional roster spots added for each team is like 1200 more players they have to add random ratings to that will make no sense at to us like some 8th RB on the roster at 5'8 240 lb's with 96 speed and 70 acceleration LOL!

Who needs those extra headaches
Dynasty players wouldn't consider this a headache at all. They can be rate 40s bc they will only be there one season. After I recruit I could just cut them.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I often cut juniors who are rated equally to a freshman, if it comes down to it. That or I'll cut a low-rated player if I think I can replace him with another position if bad comes to worse (subbing a LB for a DT, etc) if I'm pressed with a hard choice.
See I never do that. I refuse to cut a player who is really on the roster for an incoming freshman. Even if it is a 4 star and I am cutting a 3rd string LB. I guess I am probably the extreme when it comes to real rosters. Reality is very few occurances of people ever getting cut. I know with recruiting there are cases of players not having their scholarships honored (over signing) but with a few exceptions players are never cut. They are dismissed for disciplinary reasons, or choose to transfer, but it is not very common to just say your cut. The rare times do happen when new coaching staffs are brought (like Colorado this year) but that is more of the players not getting along with the staff or not putting in the effort.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 3

Hopefully they keep it at 70.

Im sick and tired of players in OD recruiting 5* guys to come in and never play a down, and even cutting some that could start on 75% of the other teams. I cold imagine it significantly worse with higher roster numbers.

Last edited by hazey; 04-28-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Hopefully they keep it at 70.

Im sick and tired of players in OD recruiting 5* guys to come in and never play a down, and even cutting some that could start on 75% of the other teams. I cold imagine it significantly worse with higher roster numbers.
Thats a fault with recruiting. If your roster is that stacked with talent and a recruit commits, he either really digs competing for a starting job, or the recruiting system is flawed. If I have 4 QBs: 2 Sophomores and 2 Freshman and they're all rated 85+, then a recruit should never think about coming to my school for QB.

I see this as a problem more so in the game, person playing it, than I do with roster size. Usually in my dynasties I only recruit players to replace my Seniors and to add depth to a position I may be lacking in. My average class is around 10-15 players and I still cut people every year almost even though the math just doesn't add up.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »