Home

Teambuilder: What do you do????

This is a discussion on Teambuilder: What do you do???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1
Teambuilder: What do you do????

When you get the new version each year, do you start over every year with your created team, or does anyone progress the team from year to year before starting their dynasty?

I spend so much time making my D+ teams respectable, I was wondering if I should start the rebuilding process over for the third time or maybe progress the players before starting i.e. graduate last year's seniors, add last year's recruits...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Teambuilder: What do you do????

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaBaBooeyx
When you get the new version each year, do you start over every year with your created team, or does anyone progress the team from year to year before starting their dynasty?

I spend so much time making my D+ teams respectable, I was wondering if I should start the rebuilding process over for the third time or maybe progress the players before starting i.e. graduate last year's seniors, add last year's recruits...
I usually will have 2 different Dynasties. One with Clemson that I stay there for several years until leaving to go to one of the service academies (usually the worse of the 3).

In my second dynasty I do Teambuilder and start with a bad team. Either my High school team or a fictional team from were I live (University of Charleston Clippers)
Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I end up restarting my dynasty after 5-7 seasons for a lot of reasons I won't get into, but it makes it a lot easier to start all over when the new game comes out; plus I'm pretty attached to my starting roster having used it so many times it feels like a real team.

But a lot of times I'll make a spreadsheet with the names, height, weight, ratings and hometown (if I remember) of players I recruited who had an impact on my team and I'll recreate them as prospects in a future dynasty.

It's not nearly the same since I have no control over potential and if I make them too good they end up going to Oregon or Boise State, but it still keeps it interesting. Especially after so many restarts, I have so many different recruits from different dynasties that I can add.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1

I loved building up my crummy created teams the first 2 times, but I'm wondering if it will get a little old the third time around. Even if you play with the same real team (Ohio State) every year, you get new starters, freshmen, and transfers every year to mix it up.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I play two, one FSU, one teambuilder.

With my teambuilder teams I usually carry over the recruits and "last" rosters from the previous year's game. However, since by year 8-9 my D team has become filled with much better talent and is now a 5 star B-A school, I dumb down the stats of many of my top players so that the new game is still challenging for my teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

For Dynasty I play as a D-II school (Cal. PA), so each year I update the uniforms if necessary and freshen up any other details like roster, grades, and so on. Seeing as how I didn't buy NCAA 11 I'll be starting the Dynasty from scratch. Although I don't know yet whether they have improved Dynasty (offline) in NCAA 12, which may temper my excitement.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
For Dynasty I play as a D-II school (Cal. PA), so each year I update the uniforms if necessary and freshen up any other details like roster, grades, and so on. Seeing as how I didn't buy NCAA 11 I'll be starting the Dynasty from scratch. Although I don't know yet whether they have improved Dynasty (offline) in NCAA 12, which may temper my excitement.
Save for some recruiting issues ie players coming in with low ratings and the best recruits always going to the same 5 schools, Dynasty was fine last year. I had no problems with it and played through many a season with many a team.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Been a boring day so i created a new team to use. Go check out Bardstown State and tell me what you think. On the 360 for those curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »