Home

What happened to the "stiff arm" in NCAA11?

This is a discussion on What happened to the "stiff arm" in NCAA11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to the "stiff arm" in NCAA11?

has ne one had good success bulldozing?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

The stiff arm is still there but I rarely see the CPU use it. I would like see the defenders stay with the tackle and try to fight through it, but that is a story for a different day.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Honestly I probably just dropped the ball on this one I do remember seeing this animation a decent amount, but the probable from a visual standpoint and simulation standpoint the RBs will allow the defenders to get into their bodies before the stiff arm triggers. (I know this happens at times but CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG majority of the time RBs will use the stiff arm to keep defenders at a distance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

That is correct... The stiff arm is a technique primarily used to keep defenders at a distance, and I actually wouldn't consider what EA calls a stiff arm to be an actual stiff arm. It is more of a broken tackle animation. In a real life scenario, the defender usually does not just fall down. He continues to drive through the running back and fight through the stiff arm to make the tackle or drive the ball carrier out of bounds if possible.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya on 11 you could use the stiff arm button when your getting tackled and you would fall 2-3 yards further almost everytime.

I wish the stiff arm would just shove a defender back a little instead of always the same animation of either knocking the defender completely over or always a tackle animation.

If you have a good stiff arm it should push/hold a defender back while maybe slowing you down.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Rookie

Diabolicole's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel like the animations are all wrong for stiffarm, if your guy has the strength to do it, he ends up doing a WWE move and stopping to flip the opponent over like self defense. I'd love to see a stiff arm that goes right into the D's face and just pushes him back a yard.

It seems that power running just isnt represented correctly yet, hopefully the inclusion of momentum changes all of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »