Home

Would you rather be the AD or Coach?

This is a discussion on Would you rather be the AD or Coach? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: AD or Coach?
AD 23 37.10%
Coach 39 62.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #17
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Would you rather be the AD or Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Yeah, when i think of an AD mode, i think of just the regular dynasty we have now with the added perks of maybe a stadium editor or a jersey editor plus the option to hire/fire coaches. Theres obviously other things that an AD does that slips my mind that could be added. The ability to change sponsors would be cool like going from Under Armour to Nike and have Nike make you pro combats would be cool. Thats why i voted for the AD mode because i would like to edit the stadium and uniforms down the road.
Finally!! Somebody who knows what they're talking about. AD mode should and would be similar to Madden's Owner mode on the last gen where you have "full" control of your team from ticket prices to stadium expansions. AD mode would be great for a college game for _____(Choose a color)-outs, student sections, custom jerseys and pretty much everything. Coaching Carousel is already incorporated for the user in the game for offline dynasties, but it isn't for the cpu teams who keep the same game plan and everything for 60 years. I would like to see the inclusion of coordinators that have bonuses to players's attributes if they fit the same scheme though. Either way, you would be playing the games and thats what really matters.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 AM   #18
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd be all for Coach Mode. Being able to implement my own offense and game plans. Bringing in the recruits that fit my philosophy on and off of the football field (hint hint Jim Tressel) and hiring the staff to assist me in building a program the way I see fit. With this, I would like to see discipline brought back into Dynasty mode. As for AD mode, there doesn't seem like there would be enough depth for an AD mode since he looks after more than just football.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

coach but like someone else said youd have to specify what parts are in which.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 05-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Coach all the way! It's because coaching involves more game related activities than the AD is involved in.

Sure, it would be understandable to have the AD a larger part of the game, setting department goals, maintaining department budgets, and providing athletic facilities for your team, but nothing beats coaching. After all, coaches are the sole individuals responsible for the development of their staff, program, and players. When was the last time a sub-par coach and staff brought a team up to national prominance due to their AD?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #21
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I would like both...except I would like and open or closed coaching/legacy mode(similar to College Hoops 2k8) where you have to start at lower level school and work your way up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
I would like both...except I would like and open or closed coaching/legacy mode(similar to College Hoops 2k8) where you have to start at lower level school and work your way up.
Exactly what I want.
I loved that feature in games. It takes time before you get an elite job

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »