Home

Would you rather be the AD or Coach?

This is a discussion on Would you rather be the AD or Coach? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: AD or Coach?
AD 23 37.10%
Coach 39 62.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4
Would you rather be the AD or Coach?

Would you rather be the coach of your team or the AD? Would you rather hire a new coach when your coach leaves OR move around and leave schools?

I don't know myself. I think it would be fun hiring coaches and trying to keep them and building your program and dealing with coaching changes.
I also think it would be fun to start at a small school and work your way up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Would you rather be the AD or Coach?

Both, but I voted for coach because there is so much more depth in a 'coach mode'.

Plus, once you've finally landed a head coaching job, you can hire your own staff.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I think we'd have to specify what would be included in a coach mode and what would be included in an AD mode
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I think we'd have to specify what would be included in a coach mode and what would be included in an AD mode
Yes, that's what I'm looking for before I vote.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

godylla's Arena

I would take either mode. But I voted for AD mode because then I assume I would have control over creating a new stadium and/or in charge of stadium upgrades which I really enjoy in these types of game modes.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

poopoop's Arena

Problem is even if you're the AD you still choose the plays, recruit the players and do everything a coach does. So you're just the coach and the AD at the same time.

Personally I want to be the coach and have the AD above me. Doing things like deciding whether to fire me or not. I think they could add a new layer of strategy to the game if you had to deal with different ADs.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i'd rather be the AD. No matter how you slice it you're controlling everything whether youre doing a coach mode or AD mode. You're still calling the plays, deciding who plays and who doesnt and actually playing the game. But just like Franchise modes in NBA, NFL & MLB games, you have total control of the program. I'd rather work on building a program and changing the style of the program depending on the coach than changing teams.

When you change teams as the coach you're basically just starting over at building up the prestige so its not too different being a coach in coach mode for Tulane and then doing the same for LSU other than the ability to recruit better players. The playbook or coaching style doesnt change, just the school.

But in an AD mode you have more possibilities like having to schedule home & home series or future opponents, building up your stadium, building the prestige of the school, hiring/firing new coaches/coordinators, and so on while still essentially controlling the coaching aspects that go into the game.

To me it'd be more fun controlling Notre Dame with Weis as the Head Coach and then having to replace him and bringing in a completely different style like Kelly's and having to adjust the type of players you recruit, fit the current players in your system, and build upon that than being Brian Kelly and simply changing from Cincinnati to Notre Dame because your coaching style still stays the same so theres less change involved.

In order to really get the full effect of a coach mode you have to start at a small school and work your way to offers from bigger schools. But i dont want to start as a small school especially because i want to play as those real players while theyre there instead of waiting until its all generated players by the time i get to a big school.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Problem is even if you're the AD you still choose the plays, recruit the players and do everything a coach does. So you're just the coach and the AD at the same time.

Personally I want to be the coach and have the AD above me. Doing things like deciding whether to fire me or not. I think they could add a new layer of strategy to the game if you had to deal with different ADs.

This.

It would be awesome to have an AD to report to, and every AD could have different priorities--some could care more about your overall record, some more about getting good recruits, some about getting good national exposure (high rankings, BCS bowl games, etc.). It could be fun trying to keep these guys happy by making sure you're succeeding at the stuff they care about most.

This could replace the "contract goals" that we have now, and be just an enhanced, more interactive version of that basic system already in place.

If the AD gets particularly annoyed with you, maybe you can use some of your recruiting time from that week to talk to the AD (instead of a recruit) in order to raise your standing a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »