Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage

I hate how the receivers don't plant their feet when cutting on their routes, looks like they are gliding and turning, instead of planting an cutting.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Great to hear that's fixed, that's pretty much why the NCAA 11 was such a score fest!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2
I watched this video at work with no sound, but there seems to be several where the safety (who should cover the top of the routes while the corner protects underneath), drops underneath for the interception.

There's also a lack of videos on the transition between zones. A good way to beat zone coverage is to have crossing receivers that move from one side of the formation to the others. I'd be curious to see some videos to see if the quality of the defenders influences it. It happens all the time that one defender will cover his receiver for too long and then have to play catch-up to the other ones because his team mate did it correctly.

Basically, I hope that zone coverage will not become the one and only way to defend. Currently, they showed it worked well (of course, you wouldn't show your new system and how it could be beat), but if zone coverage means no dropped coverage and risky moves that always turn into interceptions, why play man coverage.

I hope also that it will be possible to play mixed man/zones, where you leave your #1 CB on the #1 WR while the rest of the defense plays a zone. That's a risky move since you have one player less to cover the zones, but it's not an unusual defense when you have a very good corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #76
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

The speed of the players back pedaling and side stepping is ridiculous. But they have two more months to tweak the nooks and crannies.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #77
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
Poor zone coverage in NCAA 11 was the single most broken part of the game. Its music to my ears when the EA guy said "we are allowing zone coverages to take away the skinny post by the slot reciever and tight ened"...

Thank God, anybody on 3rd-12 could fire the ball up the middle to the slot WR and have success at least 80% of the time. It was one of the biggest money plays in years...
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #78
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Poor zone coverage in NCAA 11 was the single most broken part of the game. Its music to my ears when the EA guy said "we are allowing zone coverages to take away the skinny post by the slot reciever and tight ened"...

Thank God, anybody on 3rd-12 could fire the ball up the middle to the slot WR and have success at least 80% of the time. It was one of the biggest money plays in years...
Agreed. I hated knowing that whenever I needed a 1st down conversion, I could just call a play with a skinny post to a WR or a TE post and be able to pick up the 1st down.

The video looked really good.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Let the defense keep the upper hand just fix the player movement (if it is not possible for both keep the strong zones) lots of us complained about not having defensive struggles they potentially give us that then months later complain about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #80
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9
So no one number 6? In this video?
No one covers like that. Smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »