Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Zone Coverage Video

This is the most promising video released yet, and it appears to be from the most recent build of the game.

Pros:
---Blocking in this video looked the best from any EA football game I can remember, they defender actually get steered sideways and can still get around the defender.

---Passing appears to actually take some skill this year, like real football. In real life you have to find the windows in the zone coverage and throw on time, not wait until someone ends up wide open. There is not always someone open on every play in real life, sometimes you have to throw it away. I can't think of 1 play in last years game where someone wasnt open at some point.

--- Receiver/DB interactions look good

---Can see the receiver at 1:18 attemping a new "sprint catch", looks good.

Cons:
--- Pass trajectory could still be an issue.

--- Player sliding and floating around still doesn't look very good.

--- People are going to complain that offense is too hard probably, but I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
They BACKPEDAL way too FAST. Slow it down then we're good.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
The player movement looked a little more fluid in that video. There wasn't quite as much of the twitchy, "humming bird," movement going on there as there was in the first video. That's encouraging.

Now, they just need to eliminate the super-human swats and fix the pass speed/trajectories (so you can actually drop a ball over the linebacker but in front of the safety) and they'll be all set. Still almost 2 months left before the game goes gold.
Its not likely that they fixed the ball speed or trajectory but maybe if we talk about it enough they will do something about it. I hope I'm wrong and that this was addressed for this years game because it will help out the defense just as much as better A.I Zone coverage wil
Old 05-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage

great video, looks very very good to me. I also hate it when they say more updates coming in the near future haha i just want it all now. But all in all this game looks very promising.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #45
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

looks good except for the defense strafing and backpedalling...they HAVE to fix this asap!!

-@ 29secs....the guy 2nd from the left...watch as he sidesteps/backpedal/strafes back into whats probably a "purple zone"...this guy can run a 4.4 40yd sidestepping...he literally covers 15-20 yds in like 1.5secs not even sprinting. this is gonna lead to ppl in position that isnt humanly possible given where theyre lining up pre play.

-@ around 1:30 with the tcu intercept...same thing. the guy is strafing/sidestepping/backpedalling and covering more ground faster than the guy running the route underneath him doing a full sprint...its fundamentally wrong and looks awkward.

all in all tho....its nothing we're not already used to. they really need to go full out on the locomotion and implement it like FIFA. thats probably the most "grounded" and "weighted" feel ive felt in a next gen EA title. still cant wait tho to hear more dynasty and gameplay info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #46
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
One thing that I noticed when watching this video was the defensive and offensive line play. I liked how the tackles used a kick-slide to move back, and the defensive lineman just didn’t stop upon contact they continued to drive the offensive lineman. The play where only three defensive players rushed the center and right guard worked together while the left guard sunk and checked the left tackle. So far I am pretty excited to see more game footage.
Yeah I saw that too. Don't get me wrong I like the new addition of better zone coverage but the most single important aspect of the game, video game, real college or pro football game, is the line play. I liked how the "D' ends where getting upfield. It actually looked like a real pocket to throw from. There was even an angle where it showed how much room the QB had to move up and out if wanted to scramble.

Hopefully QB's taking off when there's nothing open will be part of the game.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know it's probably been said, but I find it funny that he believes TCU shut down Wisconsin's running game in that Rose Bowl. they didn't shut them down. Wisconsin got away from it after TCU made some early down stops and that did them in.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Ok here's my question. If they take away the skinny post and the flats, besides running how can u beat the Cover 2 sink? U can run a drag but that's minimal yardage. It's going to get weird.
there are ways to beat the zone. easiest thing is to flood the zone. if they play it right, there are soft spots of a cover 2 in the middle of the field typically just inside the seams. digs, fades, and floods. fade will only work if you can put some touch on the ball in the game, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »