Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #49
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
It looks good but I hope there is a slider for the bullrush thing cause I'd hate to see that work consistently and cause a big issue for play action.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #50
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I can already tell that I'm going to have slider the hell out of this to get the results I want.
This is a given, every year......

About the only sports game I haven't had to spend more then a day on adjusting sliders on was NBA 2K11. I only had to change 2 things and that was it, less then 10 minutes to do.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #51
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
the 2nd diving catch they showed being mo capped bothered me. The person throwing the ball is lightly lobbing it and the person diving knows they are falling on padding so it comes across like they are floating in air because they know they have a soft landing. In a game if you're diving full speed you aren't going to dive like that. To me that looks more like a goaline situation dive where the throw isn't coming from too far away and you can brace the fall with a floating dive but you don't see that too often outside of the goaline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #52
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
the bull rush looks bad as well. How often do you see a lineman just get flat out pancaked like that? It better be a rare thing, yes if he's off balance he gets bull rushed but like someone else said, when they mo cap it to me it looks like the one guy is just a prop and isn't putting up a fight so the bull rush gets overexaggerated.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #53
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New Video Mo Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Is it me or does EA only have 2 Mocap guys ? I swear those are the same 2 guys for every mocap animation in the game. It is always a tall dude and a short dude.

But anyway I just hope they rate the rosters properly for the animation to ACTUALLY happen. Like the spec catch animations of last year, you wouldn't see it unless WRs were rated extremely high in that rating in order for those animations to trigger.

Same thing with the cut block animations, unless your RB was rated high in PBF and PFS, you would never see it.

I am more for variety for animations that is for sure. I hope they mocapped different throwing animations, QB stances as well.

Man, I said the same thing in regards to the mo-cap guys. I really would like to see a blog on the mo-cap guys they use. I echo what most of everyone is saying so far about lineman not just falling on their behinds during a bullrush. There should be some kind of struggle for leverage, resulting with the OT or OG losing their balance. Sometimes they fall, but more than anything they just lose the balance, leading to a sack or disrupted play.

This is what bull rushes should look like. Right at the 1:50 mark, that's what I call, "I'm a grown *** man bull rush.
http://youtu.be/MBWUOMM6BEM

Last edited by adub88; 05-04-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #54
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I can already tell that I'm going to have slider the hell out of this to get the results I want.
Realllllly, you can tell! From some video? You have actually played NCAA 12 to know this? What is wrong with the members at this site? For years people have complained about lack of animations and everything else under the sun, now more animations are added....and people are complaining and saying they KNOW THEY WILL NEED TO USE SLIDERS TO GET THE RESULTS HE WANTS!!!!!!

I guess it's true about what they say about bum holes....
Old 05-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #55
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the bull rush looks bad as well. How often do you see a lineman just get flat out pancaked like that? It better be a rare thing, yes if he's off balance he gets bull rushed but like someone else said, when they mo cap it to me it looks like the one guy is just a prop and isn't putting up a fight so the bull rush gets overexaggerated.
Well honeslty you can say that about all of their mocaps, because in every one the guy is being tackled or knocked down, he isn't putting up a fight, he is just allowing it to happen.

It would be better if they just do a 11 on 11 mocap game with some NFL players. I don't know why NCAA don't do that. To me it would make all the animations look more organic because they would be going full blast and putting up resistance.

What they are doing now is simply tackle drills and diving drills. No resistance, just get in position and drop to the ground when the guy is tackling you.

I would hate to see what their gang tackle mocap looks like. Probably just a group of people walking forward, then walking backwards, with no real struggle or resistance involved at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Realllllly, you can tell! From some video? You have actually played NCAA 12 to know this? What is wrong with the members at this site? For years people have complained about lack of animations and everything else under the sun, now more animations are added....and people are complaining and saying they KNOW THEY WILL NEED TO USE SLIDERS TO GET THE RESULTS HE WANTS!!!!!!

I guess it's true about what they say about bum holes....
I don't need to play NCAA 12 to know that EA will over do it with the bull rush. Just like the instant swim move that 3 out of the 4 d-lineman do at the same time. Also when did I complain? It seems like people have no idea what that word means, so they just throw it out whenever someone makes an observation.

Last edited by nyj721; 05-04-2011 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »