Home

Spring/Training Camp

This is a discussion on Spring/Training Camp within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Spring/Training Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Last gen did a okay job with Spring game points. So I would be cool with that. But before they work on Spring Game. Hopefully they fixed Mass Sub. I hate mass subbing and seeing dline in oline spots, especially when I have good depth.
I would Bring back all the drills from last gen. I would make practice matter way more.
+1 on that
Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiansbro
Yes exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Are you talking about practices, drills, determining depth and a Spring Game?
If so, than yea. It would add depth. Practice should matter more.
agree 100%
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

I would love this addition. I think it should be tied in to player progression. Although the spring game is not the only part of spring practice it is the culmination. But I would only want it if it mattered. If it affected attributes. Otherwise it is pointless. And with it, early enrollees is a must. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Drills could be cool, but it has always had either the drill is really easy (HB running drill, OL Drill) or near really hard (Maybe just me but the DB drills from the past and in Madden are tough). Plus you are always limited on amount of players you could do it with,etc. I think they would really have to make a lot of changes to make it worthwhile. I would rather have coaching ratings with teaching as one that affect my players ratings each spring rather than drills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiansbro
If you think should be a Spring/Training Camp, how do you think it should be implemented?
I'd be happy with drills like the minicamp in the old madden.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Maybe just me but the DB drills from the past and in Madden are tough
So true. Even the LBer and DL drills were fairly hard. The WR drill was ridiculously easy.

Not sure if it is in Madden 11, but in Madden 10 and 09, they had the virtual practice thing where you could practice your run/pass defense and run offense/pass offense. I think that those drill would be much more suited than the mini camp drills. You could pick the players you wanted to do the drills with and against. If the opposing players in the drill have a higher rating, then you would get more points and if they are a lower rating, you would get minimal points. You can get say 10 points to each player involved in the drill and you would allocate the points to the stats you want to improve. Or more/less points depending on how well you do in the drills.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
Rookie

alphaguy5's Arena

OVR: 0

This would be a great addition, especially a spring game. This could also double for recruiting, as having a packed spring game versus a minimally attended spring game can do wonders for recruiting prospects for the next year.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
Rookie

I've honestly never likely the drill system in Madden. It's too static and repetitive. I'd really like more focus on developing you as a coach. Perhaps starting as a offensive guru, defensive genius, persuasive recruiter, or player development type coach. Similar to how classes are laid out in RPG's with various skills advancing based on achievements. The players in CFB have such short careers focusing so much on them seems pointless in a dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the drills should work with the player progression system. You can use the drills to give a player extra work and the progression system still improves players.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »