Home

Top 5 player list

This is a discussion on Top 5 player list within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #25
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Top 5 player list

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
QB Andrew Luck
Kellen Moore
Robert Griffin III
Landry Jones
Denard Robinson

Others to consider: Weeden, Barkley, Persa, Cousins, Kinne, D.Thomas, Keenum, B.Moniz, Aaron Murray, Manuel T.Pryor.

HB LaMichael James
Marcus Lattimore
Trent Richardson
Edwin Baker

Others to consider: M.Ball, K.Davis, B.Rainey, D.Martin, C.Polk, E.Wesley, R.Burkhead, R.Hillman, J.White, Z.Line

WR Justin Blackmon
Ryan Broyles
Jeff Fuller
Alshon Jeffrey
Patrick Edwards

Others: M.Sanu, J.Ebert, L.Lewis, C.Beasley, J.Criner, J.Kearse, TJ Moe, E.Page

DL Jared Crick
Quinton Coples
Brandon Jenkins
Devin Taylor
Jake Bequette

Others: Billy Winn, Vince Browne, Vinny Curry, Brandon Lindsey, Jonathan Massaquoi, Shea McClellin, Malik Jackson, Kendall Reyes, Chandler Jones, Logan Harrell, Mike Martin, Cameron Meredith, Bruce Irvin, Roosevelt nix, Jacques Smith

LB: Luke Kuechly
Lavonte David
Tank Carder
Travis Lewis
Sean Spence

Others: Manti Te'o, Danny Trevathan, Dont'a Hightower, Miles Burris, Jerry Franklin, Keenan Robinson, Mychal Kendricks, Tanner Brock, Vontaze Burfict, Bruce Taylor, JK Schaffer, Jake Knott, Emmanuel Acho

DB: Mark Barron
Stephon Gilmore
Alfonso Dennard
Jayron Hosley
Cliff Harris
Delano Howell

Others: Chase Minnifield, Shaun prater, Antonio Fenelus, Coryell Judie, Omar Bolden, Morris Claiborne, Jarred Holley, Casey Hayward, Xavier Rhodes, Keith Tandy, Josh Robinson, Tramain Thomas, Marco Nelson, Robert Lester, TJ McDonald, Trenton Robinson, Brian Peters, Prentiss Waggner(Would have Kenny Tate but moved to LB/Hybrid so will see how he adjusts there)
A Tenneesse player!!!
WR Justin Hunter and FS Janzen Jackson will probably have pretty high ratings too. I wouldn't say top 5 for either one but honerable mention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
There's no such thing as too many running backs though.
Most feel that Martinez will not play another position other than QB. And would likely transfer if not named the starter as well.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Not sure how people can put Pryor above DRob. hOSU won 1 game last season b/c of Pryor. The Iowa game if I remember. Michigan won every game last season b/c of DRob. Even with the games he got hurt in, take those away, and he still carried his team more in 1 sophomore season than Pryor has done the whole time he's been there.

I'm not saying DRob will be a top 5 QB, just don't understand how anyone can put Pryor ahead of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #28
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
The argument about Brennan's schedule up above, was flawed. Some of those big names were not good then or at the level they have been lately, and to say no one wanted to play them the next year, is wrong. Schedules are made 3-7 years in advance, and though one team dropped them from their schedule, doesn't mean you can use the excuse no one wanted to play them.
Actually, that is what happened. They had their in conference schedule and one open date to fill, then Mich. St. dropped out on them and they needed to fill two games. By May of 2007 they still had one game to fill. Part of the problem was they had a very inept AD and June Jones had to step in and call schools trying to get a game scheduled.

Then there was the Florida Gators, who said they would play Hawaii in 2008... and only in Florida. The Gators refused a Home & Home, which almost always happens when OOC teams schedule each other.

Hawaii is allowed to play 13 games a season... something EA never has gotten right in the game... I think it's because of all the travel they have to do, but they play 13 games per year. So they automatically have one more game to fill than any other FBS team and in 2007, w/ Mich. St. backing out and combined w/ an inept AD, they didn't get their schedule completed until late May of that year.

Jones said he personally contacted USC and was turned down as well as several other PAC-10 schools... which are the closest schools to Hawaii. Believe me, I remember going through the lengthy waiting process and when our schedule was finally filled w/ some of the teams the AD chose, all Hawaii fans were enraged over it.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #29
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Not sure how people can put Pryor above DRob. hOSU won 1 game last season b/c of Pryor. The Iowa game if I remember. Michigan won every game last season b/c of DRob. Even with the games he got hurt in, take those away, and he still carried his team more in 1 sophomore season than Pryor has done the whole time he's been there.

I'm not saying DRob will be a top 5 QB, just don't understand how anyone can put Pryor ahead of him.
Remember its not who the 5 best QB's are in real life its who will have the best ratings. Pryor is a senior QB for a major school that will be ranked top 10. I'm not sure what his rating was last year, but im sure it will be higher this year.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Remember its not who the 5 best QB's are in real life its who will have the best ratings. Pryor is a senior QB for a major school that will be ranked top 10. I'm not sure what his rating was last year, but im sure it will be higher this year.
Yea, fail on my part. I didn't even look to see what section this was on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
A Tenneesse player!!!
WR Justin Hunter and FS Janzen Jackson will probably have pretty high ratings too. I wouldn't say top 5 for either one but honerable mention.
Oh yah, Hunter slipped my mind. I didn't put Jackson until he is for sure there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Actually, that is what happened. They had their in conference schedule and one open date to fill, then Mich. St. dropped out on them and they needed to fill two games. By May of 2007 they still had one game to fill. Part of the problem was they had a very inept AD and June Jones had to step in and call schools trying to get a game scheduled.

Then there was the Florida Gators, who said they would play Hawaii in 2008... and only in Florida. The Gators refused a Home & Home, which almost always happens when OOC teams schedule each other.

Hawaii is allowed to play 13 games a season... something EA never has gotten right in the game... I think it's because of all the travel they have to do, but they play 13 games per year. So they automatically have one more game to fill than any other FBS team and in 2007, w/ Mich. St. backing out and combined w/ an inept AD, they didn't get their schedule completed until late May of that year.

Jones said he personally contacted USC and was turned down as well as several other PAC-10 schools... which are the closest schools to Hawaii. Believe me, I remember going through the lengthy waiting process and when our schedule was finally filled w/ some of the teams the AD chose, all Hawaii fans were enraged over it.
Still this has to do with teams scheduling years in advance. You may have been turned down after Michigan St cancelled, but this may have to do with time frames too. Not just they were scared. There is a lot of logistics and money involved with going to away games, especially to Hawaii. Not saying USC couldn't afford it, rather that there are more things involved then just who are we playing. A lot goes into scheduling. A lot of teams try and schedule teams similar to styles of a team they have in conference. A lot want one good game and 3 bad ones. There are motives behind everything.

And of course Florida wasn't going to do a home and home. I am not taking anything away from Hawaii, they were a great program under Jones and I always rooted for them when they were on tv. But schools like Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio St are not going to go to a non-bcs school's field in a home and home. Sure I wish they would from time to time, but there has to be an incentive for them to do it. It is a luxury the big schools have earned. Although Hawaii does get some it is because it is Hawaii. But the timing has to be right and fit with everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »