Home

The penalties that are not being called are killing me!!

This is a discussion on The penalties that are not being called are killing me!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
The penalties that are not being called are killing me!!

I have posted in other threads and have read other posts about the frustration with the lack of penalties being called. I am still playing offline dynasties with 11 and for the most part, still enjoying it. So I figured I'll give South Carolina a shot and see how they do. 2nd game in, Garcia goes down for the season, from a late hite!! Of all the games I have played this year (dynasty playing) I have believe I have lost 4 QB's after being bashed on a late hit. The one that really got me steamed is when Jacory Harris got hit out of bounds and he got injured. The penalty settings are maxed out, other than clipping, holding and facemask. This is far from a game breaker, but it gets frustrating.
I am hoping that the whole penalty system gets revamped in 12 because if they want to make the game as close as possilble to the real thing, then penalty system needs a lot of work. The late hits (roughing the QB), pass interference on both sides, holding, false start and clipping in particular. If we can get close the kicker and punter to even get a roughing the kicker called, then add that too. But that is a whole nother topic there.
Sorry for the venting, but I hope this was addressed for this years game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The penalties that are not being called are killing me!!

Yah penalties need to be reworked badly. There is no PI, no Late Hitting, no realistic holding. Well what I should say is there are none the penalties for them. You see them all the time, just no penalties. It seems to me that all the penalties are just pre-determined or the fake hike offsides crap which is so flawed. If they fixed this it would go a long way in helping defenses too. It is impossible to have a 3-0 game in the video game, one because offense is too easy, but penalties would help go a long way in stalling more drives creating more punts and more lower scoring games. And please EA don't read this and just add a bunch more flawed ones. Like a couple years ago where if you even touched the WR it was PI.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

*runs 20 yards down the field*
*watches wr clip someone for no reason when he's no where near the play*
*gets 15 yard penalty*
*doesn't know whether to be happy the refs actually call penalties, or mad that the few they do call happen in situations that don't even make sense*
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

There's just a lack of variety in the penalties being called...for example, Intentional Grounding should happen more often...offensive pass interference, dfensive holding, etc. should all be called.

As I've said before, there need to be animations that show pass interference happend...for example, if you're behind a receiver a try to tip a pass, your DB kind of wraps around the receiver and grabs his arm by accident.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Besides the fact that penalties are broken, how about the fact that they have Clipping in the game (a RARELY called penalty), but not Illegal Block in the Back, which is what happens far more often? If they were equal penalties, it wouldn't be a big deal. But Clipping is 15 yards, and if memory serves correctly, Illegal Block in the Back penalties are 10 yards.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

I will agree with all of you that the penalties need to be addressed in NCAA 12. I have lost many of players from the late hits, watched as my recievers get held at the line of scrimmage to show a bump and run coverage, or receviers running crossing routes get shoved in the back 10 yards down the field with no flags. I have watched line man five yards from the ball line up in a stance for the hurry up offense with no flags. The last game I seen with penalties being called properly on both offense and defense was made back in 2004, so I hope they addressed the penalties this year. I love 11 still playing it( losing right now 24 - 6) but this is one issue that needs help.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1

Right now this is how I feel the penalty logic goes in the game:

If (user yards gained is greater than 15) than
Should a penalty be called?
45% chance yes
55% chance no
If penalty should be called than lets figure out which one we should have:
90% clipping (that's a common penalty in College Football isn't it?)
7% holding (Herbstreit: "You've heard its been said that there is holding on every play...)
3% Facemask (Because that guy who came in at the last second to "help" grabbed his facemask)
Oh crap we should have looked at the slider settings to get those penalty percentages. Oh well.
If (the user has gained less than 15 yards) than
Is this a key game moment? Should I add a penalty here for dramatic effect (every college football game needs drama right?)
30% Yes
70% No
Go back to figuring out which type of penalty from the THREE possible to choose
If (I feel like it) than
3% chance of a Random penalty not listed in the THREE possible takes place

*OBVIOUSLY* this is just a parody of what actually happens, but it is obvious that the logic in the penalty system of the game is severely lacking.

To balance out the hate of this post with some love for EA and NCAA, I think its a great game, and I still buy it every year :P

Last edited by Dmarzio; 05-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its weird because if you ever played arena football 2006 they had unnessecary roughness which is a EA product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »