Home

NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #145
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swesson
Can someone tell me how to set your default playbook? It takes forever to scroll though all the playbooks to get to my custom one during online play.
It's in the system settings.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #146
Rookie

confuzius's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
first thing is i love this feature and its long over due.

You answered your own post.
Its not that teams cant have multiple formations. as i posted earlier. there is a difference between 5 plays out of different formations and 20. Every team knows how to line up and the basic concept for every formation in existence.

The realism factor is teams cant run all those effective. do you know the practice time it takes to get a functioning amount of timing for a option offense the same thing with the amount of timing for a timing based passing offense. it takes different lineman technique different adjustments audibles ect.

What you hear from most guys who have slight issues, isn't that playbooks cant run any play from any formation. Its the amount of multiple offenses you can run in one playbook.

Its that with out any kind of guide line you can run 4 different type of offenses with no penalty. Each with 90 plays apiece. Think about that number. 90 plays in 4 different offensive philosophies. i can get 90 power runs, 90 shotgun / 4 wide plays, 90 wshbone /flexbone and 90 more pistol / oneback plays. all in one playbook with no penalty on execution.

For anybody who went to practice every day hearing the coach say run it again for the 5th time on the same play, to think about going into game prep with that many of each style is beyond a fantasy.

it is a game meant to be played for fun. But just like all the complaints on physic dbs and all the other things that are less than realistic, from this guy who played and coached it goes beyond realism.

Now dont get it twisted. Im gonna have a blast with this. I just would have loved a 27 formation 300 play limit or some type of penalty or limit to the numbers that are in the game now.
While I can see your point, I have to say the problem of finite practice time can be overcome by innovation.

Look at zone run blocking. A singular technique that efficiently solves the problem of multiple defensive fronts.

As time has passed in modern college football, the amount of information processed by the players and coaches has exponentially increased.There is no way any coach from the 70s could ever have envisioned, let alone executed offenses as they exist today.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that in the near future, a young innovative coach will learn how to incorporate even greater multiplicity than exists in today's offenses.

It is called evolution - which happens to be very "sim".

For example, one of the more compelling arguments you make relates the sheer time required to properly practice and execute the triple option. I would agree, if you were to attempt installing the same triple option the Sooners ran in the Switzer era. What about a very limited triple option package if you have an non-starting athletic QB on your roster who could execute it? Wouldn't that be nice little twist to pull out in your most important game of the season. Now everyone else has to be ready for it too..

More importantly, there is nothing that is preventing Bob Stoops from installing a spread option package, except for his fear of injury to the starting QB. It just so happens OU has a very capable backup QB with the wheels to run the option and a good enough arm to keep defense honest. Unfortunately, Bob has grown fairly conservative and would likely not pursue something like this. It doesn't mean that it is not a good idea or could not be accomplished. And if he did do that, you have just added one more "scheme" to an offense which already gives defensive coordinators "scheme" nightmares.

The bottom line, if you added the spread option to OU's multiple offense as it exists today, and then went back in time and tried to explain it to Woody Hayes, he would laugh in your face. Yet the "reality" is, they are just a dual threat QB away from doing just that.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

has the bug with custom playbooks been fixed yet?

GO BLUE

PISTOL PETE

WINGED WHEEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »