Home

How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand With the Next Gen of Consoles and NCAA Football?
I want the next gen of consoles now, NCAA 13/14 should be on a new console 22 32.84%
I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen 37 55.22%
I'm not sure 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

Not sure.

I can only imagine next gen games probably looking like actual human beings and FINALLY having enough for companies to get to work on FULL BLOWN Halftime and Post Game Shows.

Then again....I'm not ready to start all over waiting another 5 to 6 years to get the games up to speed again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Not sure.

I can only imagine next gen games probably looking like actual human beings and FINALLY having enough for companies to get to work on FULL BLOWN Halftime and Post Game Shows.

Then again....I'm not ready to start all over waiting another 5 to 6 years to get the games up to speed again.
Thats the thing though. EA screwed up this generation big time. The teams they had working on Madden and NCAA at first weren't the best. They built the game off old code and rushed the games out.

With the progress we have seen lately in both games, the current teams seem to be on the right track. So, I believe the current teams would do a lot better job building the game for next generation. They wouldn't use the old code, they'd use something that would benefit them the entire generation.

EA should have learned from this generation and will probably not make the same mistakes again. If they do, then I won't see them making much money off their football games.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

If they do have the newer consoles, Hopefully all sports games are ported over to the newer games rather than start over. I didnt like the idea of scrapping everything and than 5-6 years later bring them back. If they port everything over and add to it, that would be better. For example, copying everything from the PS3/Xbox 360 on to the PS4/Xbox 720(I think) and adding on to it.
My main concern is that both of the new consoles need to be kinda equal when it comes to RAM, disc space, and memory. It most likely seemed like the game is made for the 360 and ported over to the PS3. They can still have exclusive games for there system only. But the games that are made for both system, need to be the same. Obviously the graphics might not be the same but, every thing else need to be the same. My theory is that it would have been deeper if it made on the PS3. But NBA 2k has been deep and it was made for both. and the Sony NBA series wasnt deep at all.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats the thing though. EA screwed up this generation big time. The teams they had working on Madden and NCAA at first weren't the best. They built the game off old code and rushed the games out.

With the progress we have seen lately in both games, the current teams seem to be on the right track. So, I believe the current teams would do a lot better job building the game for next generation. They wouldn't use the old code, they'd use something that would benefit them the entire generation.

EA should have learned from this generation and will probably not make the same mistakes again. If they do, then I won't see them making much money off their football games.
Yea imagine if Madden/NCAA 07 or 08 was on the Madden/NCAA 12 level. The games would have been so deep and would both be in the top of the list of best games. We probably would had Physics by 10.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #29
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I would be in the boat of people that think you're crazy. And it sounds like you need to get yourself a copy of Backbreaker.

I know there is some fluff stuff that they add (mascot game, etc) but dynasty mode is essential to a sports game. Otherwise you are just playing a bunch of overall meaningless exhibition games.
I do own Backbreaker and have enjoyed the physics-based aspects of it. Just wish some of the game mechanics and AI had been better, but I still pop it in from time to time.

I also own APF 2K8 and it too has no dynasty mode. Only a single season. However, I end up playing this more than I play NCAA 11.

Obviously, the lack of even a basic dynasty mode is far from ideal. I'm just saying that IF stripping out modes and features meant building a stable foundation for the gameplay, I could wait a year for dynasty mode. Again, I realize I'm in the minority on this, but a great dynasty mode does me no good if I can't even enjoy playing the games on the field.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #30
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I dont know why people automatically assume that there is some sort of magical limitation that EA has reached in regards to their titles. Physics can be done right now on current machines. It has nothing to do with needing to "wait" for a newer gen system.
Because people gloss over the fact that EA created the engine they use in their football games. When this gen of consoles came out they could've decided to make a physics based engine and start from there, instead they chose not to. They put the limitation there and don't want to do the work (or take the risk) to make a change.

Who is to say they don't make the exact same decision once the next gen of consoles comes out? It's not like there's some rule Microsoft/Sony have stating that games must have realistic physics on the next xbox/ps.

People shouldn't look at next gen consoles as some bailout that's going to be the solution to getting good football games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404

Obviously, the lack of even a basic dynasty mode is far from ideal. I'm just saying that IF stripping out modes and features meant building a stable foundation for the gameplay, I could wait a year for dynasty mode. Again, I realize I'm in the minority on this, but a great dynasty mode does me no good if I can't even enjoy playing the games on the field.
I see what your saying but you're basically creating a false choice. It doesn't come down to choosing between a stripped down game with a good foundation, and a feature rich game with a poor engine. When Madden/NCAA came to next gen they create games that had shaky foundations and were stripped down, compared to other sports games that managed to avoid both of these issues.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #31
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Because people gloss over the fact that EA created the engine they use in their football games. When this gen of consoles came out they could've decided to make a physics based engine and start from there, instead they chose not to. They put the limitation there and don't want to do the work (or take the risk) to make a change.

Who is to say they don't make the exact same decision once the next gen of consoles comes out? It's not like there's some rule Microsoft/Sony have stating that games must have realistic physics on the next xbox/ps.

People shouldn't look at next gen consoles as some bailout that's going to be the solution to getting good football games.
The next gen games may not be the answer, but EA would be of it's mind not to at least create a physics based engine for the new generation. The suits are the ones didn't want the devs to make a new engine this gen, after it became apparent how much of a failure it was. The demand for a physics based engine is too high, even for them to ignore. It would literally be a slap in the face to the entire fanbase, or at least the non-casual market.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

It doesn't matter whether it's the suits fault or the devs fault.

Also I doubt most casual gamers care either way. As for the non-casual gamers yeah it would be a slap in the face but enough of them will still preorder every year and be at the midnight release...so it doesn't really matter.

EA will get around to putting a physics based engine in when they feel like it. Not necessarily when new consoles are released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »