Home

Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
Rookie

Draxion's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

I wont, I usually buy the game every two years, and unless they add a Coaching Carousel im not going to break that cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #26
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, I definitely will. No questions asked. They've already announced Team Entrances,Updated-Physics Engine,HDR Lighting, Better AI and a few other things They still havent announced Teambuilder updates,Dynasty or RTG info and now the Coach mode info.

Dynasty has something new every year except for last year besides the minor adjustments. I would bet they did something big to RTG or Dynasty this year.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #27
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Probably. I can't say for sure. CC would make it a definite, though.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would depend on what changes they actually do make to Dynasty mode if CC turns out not to be in. Offline Dynasty is where I spend a vast majority of my time playing NCAA, and if they don't make some major additions or improvements to Dynasty mode then I'd likely put off the purchase and pick up a used copy after it has dropped a bit in price.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yes. Disappointed, Yes. Will it shorten my Dynasty, Yes
But it is an Midnight purchase. I will preorder after E3. Im a big RTG anyway.
I think it would definitely shorten my dynasty especially considering it looks like I'll be getting Madden this year and their Franchise mode looks very impressive!

I always wait until a couple days before release to pre-order b/c I have to see which Gamestop to do my pre-release at, midnight releases are just plain fun though.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I think it would definitely shorten my dynasty especially considering it looks like I'll be getting Madden this year and their Franchise mode looks very impressive!
Custom Playbook already boosted my Dynasty to around 5 years. Recruiting is already my favorite part of Dynasty. The first season I usually simmed it and After the 2nd season, I usually simmed most of the games. But with Custom Playbooks, I will play 80% of games in Dynasty. I cant wait to recruit for players to fit my Playbook. With Coaching Carousel, if added correctly and not half-a**ed, it will easily boost my Dnasty to 8+ seasons
I am waiting until Monday until I make any decisions on Madden. Both Superstar and MAdden looks good. I will also wait until they release the Dev Video for Superstar and MAdden like they did PResentation and Gameplay.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #31
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Bought!

Cool addition but no deal breaker. Plus....the gameplay and presentation upgrades more than make up for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

For me Custom Playbooks would add years to Dynasty for NCAA, but not really for Madden. If you put it in perspective, Dynasty mode is more of a Heach Coach mode and Madden is more of a Owner mode. Since in Dynasty mode you are playing as a new coach rather than the owner, the abilty to be a Offensive Head Coach or a Defensive Head Coach is great. I dont think you can edit or create coaches(not talking about philosophy). I am not the type to change how they call plays. I like the ability to edit/create coaches in NCAA. I think they will have it like in NCAA Basketball, where it shows the coaches(but only in cutscenes).
So if CC is in and is not half-***ed, It will make it an elite game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »