Home

Conference Changes

This is a discussion on Conference Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Conference Changes

With the various realignments this past year and the several teams set to join the FBS level over the next few years does anybody else hope EA improved conference changes. Like instead of replacing Baylor with your 6 star SMU team you can join the Big 12 and when bringing in teambuilder teams you can add them to a conference instead of swapping a team out for them.
OKC Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Conference Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
With the various realignments this past year and the several teams set to join the FBS level over the next few years does anybody else hope EA improved conference changes. Like instead of replacing Baylor with your 6 star SMU team you can join the Big 12 and when bringing in teambuilder teams you can add them to a conference instead of swapping a team out for them.
I would love for this to be added. The ability to increase the sizes of conferences would be great.

I also wouldn't mind there being conference changes that occur away from your own team. It just seems odd for Boise State, Hawaii, North Texas, or some other non-AQ team to end up super powerful, going undefeated (or close) almost every year and not being able to move up.

I'd want those moves to be rare, but I'd still want them to occur.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I so hope.. Drives me crazy. Im really big into making custom conferences... I try all kinds of different set ups (old conferences, prestige based, ratings based, regionally) and it drives me crazy sometimes being stuck not able to expand or decrease the size of any of them to fit what Im trying to do. Not being able to save the conferences also sucks.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Speaking of changes....did they make the real changes like Nebraska to the Big Ten for example?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Speaking of changes....did they make the real changes like Nebraska to the Big Ten for example?
Yes, they are always good about that kinda stuff. If its happening in 2011, then it will be in the game. The future ones though are doubtful

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I completely forgot about this I hope they add Utah and Colorado to the Pac-12 and BYU to the Independents, but the ability to completely edit conferences at least before dynasty would certainly be welcome if not.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
I completely forgot about this I hope they add Utah and Colorado to the Pac-12 and BYU to the Independents, but the ability to completely edit conferences at least before dynasty would certainly be welcome if not.
I'm pretty sure any changes that take place for this next season should be in, including those ones. future changes like TCU to Big East, Fresno State, Hawaii and Nevada to WAC, South Alabama and UMass moving up to 1-A etc. most likely won't be reflected in the game.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Being able to have custom conferences would be abslutely **** and would make NCAA 12 a day 1 purchase for me. I'm prolly already going to buy it but I'm not overly excited about getting it in July.

Part of the reason why I'm going to buy NCAA 12 has nothing to do with any improvements. It's because they have accurate conferences. I like things to be realistic and it's hard to go into multiple seasons in NCAA 11 with the wrong conferences. I need those update conferences so I can feel comfortable simulating multiple seasons as if it is real life.

While some may say it's better for EA to not allow you to edit the conferences so you have to buy the next installment to get them, I think it would make people play these games longer and push them over the edge to buy it.

If we had the ability to make conferences up to 16 teams, make the divisions, pick where the conference championship is played and so forth, I'd get prolly 50% more hours of play in Online and Offline dynasty. I'd have one realistic dynasty going and then one fantasy dynasty where I add Miami and Florida State to the SEC and Notre Dame to the Big 10 and so forth. Man that would be fun.

But I doubt it makes it into these games because it would screw up the schedule logic. The logic of the scheduling is really, really, really simple which is why when you swap one team with another team, you get their exact same schedule, including taking on their rivals. If I swapped my created team with Oklahoma, then I would play Texas in the Red River Rivalry on NCAA 11. It's the only way EA can allow you to reshuffle conferences without the game breaking.

I wish they could redo the scheduling logic to allow conference customization. But I just can't see them doing it on this gen. It would have to be a huge feature, and we know, huge features take a while to put in. And when they are put in, they are touted as a huge feature, not a little improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »