Home

No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: No CPU QB Scramble, No Peace, must have for NCAA 12

While they are using (more than likely) the player likeness issue as reason not to get too close to "reality" among ratings or so called tendencies.

The fact still remains is that this gen there has never been a scrambling QB... last gen, yes, this gen, no. So with that one can assume that its either not programmed in the game or not programmed in the game correctly, more than likely the latter.

I also highly doubt that 12 will be any different than 11 in regards to QB scrambling.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #34
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

it will be very interesting to see how the traits play out in madden.....i am excited from what i saw in the pic above however the one thing i would have wanted more than any announced improvement is a " touches/importance rating" rating......

however i think we overlooked the fundamental problem with both games there is no priority in the passing game, look at the vids the cpu had no clue who is its star or a back up.

now i know in college you may not force feed a guy alot but if the Qb is not aware that after the WR#1 is covered he is the next best player on the field with his speed, then he sits there and dump it off to the FB in coverage......

1 or 2 reads then take off, this type of logic is not in the game, thats why they sit in the pocket, they will wait for anyone to get open becuase that all have equal importance to the completition.

the traits are great but, imagine if Romo has the "force the pass" trait but he is forcing 6 passes to the FB who is covered and not to Miles........

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #35
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
it will be very interesting to see how the traits play out in madden.....i am excited from what i saw in the pic above however the one thing i would have wanted more than any announced improvement is a " touches/importance rating" rating......

however i think we overlooked the fundamental problem with both games there is no priority in the passing game, look at the vids the cpu had no clue who is its star or a back up.

now i know in college you may not force feed a guy alot but if the Qb is not aware that after the WR#1 is covered he is the next best player on the field with his speed, then he sits there and dump it off to the FB in coverage......

1 or 2 reads then take off, this type of logic is not in the game, thats why they sit in the pocket, they will wait for anyone to get open becuase that all have equal importance to the completition.

the traits are great but, imagine if Romo has the "force the pass" trait but he is forcing 6 passes to the FB who is covered and not to Miles........
Yeah that is true as well. However in simming anyway, the WR or TE who had the highest awareness rating, generally was the one with the most receiving yards for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #36
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

why do you post the same topic on all the ncaa forums? trying to find a site to agree with you? one did and the other pretty much said who cares about the QB why complain about them scrambling against you, b/c in that case you would probably lose, Gameplay needs fixed more than just a QB scramble
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Who cares why he posts it on more than one forum? The issue still remains. If anything posting it on more than one forum will ensure someone at EA sees it. It's a very valid and very large issue regarding gameplay and one that should be easily fixed.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #38
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
why do you post the same topic on all the ncaa forums? trying to find a site to agree with you? one did and the other pretty much said who cares about the QB why complain about them scrambling against you, b/c in that case you would probably lose, Gameplay needs fixed more than just a QB scramble
i am thrilled he is on a campaign to raise awareness on this, double hit tackles and eliminating suction blocking all have the same weight in terms of expressing gameplay and probably less than this issue IMO......

college football cannot be simualted with out scrambling QB's and proper option play...... we tolerate the game becuase we are gamers but make no mistake its a huge deal.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
Because it is all about getting the word out there. I can careless whether or not a website agree with me. It is all about spreading the word.

If people don't ever speak up, the game will continue to be the same. Truth be told I posted on 10 different websites, tweeted it to several game changers, EA assistant producers, exective producers, VP of EA marketing.....

Media is a powerful tool and I am on an all out media blitz until they recognize and fix this glaring problem.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #40
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

very large issue?? doubt it b/c if im playing and that happens i scramble, if the computer doesnt scramble it doesnt bother me just one more sack for me. but they may fix it for some games and some games i would mind them doing that. i hate playing on heisman and winning by 35 or more every game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »