Home

Tendency Sliders

This is a discussion on Tendency Sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Tendency Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
We all understand why you can't use player tendencies EA. But there is no excuse not to have Tendency Sliders. This would fix a number of things:

1) Most important thing first. QB Scrambling! Increase this CPU Tendency Slider and more than likely, we finally will have duel-threat QB's.

2) CPU Playcalling. We all know the situation. CPU Ball, middle of the 4th quarter. Its all tied up, and the CPU has a 3rd and 8. What do they decide to run? Hail Mary! By allowing us to decrease CPU aggressiveness, the CPU will not be running plays like Hail Mary (offense), and Engage Eight (defense).

3) Ever been right about to sack the CPU, and then they chuck it five yards in the air? Play five games in your season, and your DT is liable to lead your team in interceptions. Taking a sack, is something the CPU has basically refused to do ever since they added that throw it at the last second animation. By allowing us to raise a "take a sack" tendency, we wouldn't have this problem anymore.

4) CPU Calling too much zone for your taste? A Man/Zone tendency could help us sim gamers really adjust the game to our liking.

Thoughts?
Coaching sliders do help with #2 and #4, they don't make it perfect but they do help.

#1 Is a lost cause I feel. EA could care less due to the fact that it makes the NCAA videogame player too much like the Real Life NCAA player. So really there is no motivation to do it. Or they either can't or don't know how to this gen.

#3 Is probably another lost cause, this has always been a problem of NCAA.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Coaching sliders do help with #2 and #4, they don't make it perfect but they do help.

#1 Is a lost cause I feel. EA could care less due to the fact that it makes the NCAA videogame player too much like the Real Life NCAA player. So really there is no motivation to do it. Or they either can't or don't know how to this gen.

Coaching Sliders do help with playcalling. I set the CPU Run/PAss % to over 70% Run, They Ran the ball over 55 times.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I REALLY DOUBT this will ever get in. They dont want to deal with Likeness. Even though it can just be Randomize, Nobodies will still sue EA. I would love for it especially since there is a Tuck & Run trait
To me it's not a likeness issue if they gave QB's with a higher speed/acc ratings a higher tendency to scramble.

I see what you're saying, but there are ways around it.

Especially for recruits, if I recruit a scrambling QB he should have a higher tendency to take off and run.

Even if the initial rosters aren't set up with scrambling QB's set to be that way we can always edit them - we do that anyways!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51

I disagree with this. I think EA does care and as long as the option to change a player's tendencies got into the game, we could edit the rosters to make them like real life players (knowing they couldn't ship them that way

Great Jefferson quote in your signature BTW
Old 05-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I disagree with this. I think EA does care and as long as the option to change a player's tendencies got into the game, we could edit the rosters to make them like real life players (knowing they couldn't ship them that way

Great Jefferson quote in your signature BTW
While I hope that you are indeed correct... I seriously doubt it based on their track record. While I do believe the programmers do want to do everything they can... they are limited with this games engine, their bosses (who want the people to come back every year to spend their money) so in reality they can only do so much with what they got and they are limited to what they are allowed to do.

While Madden is getting tendencies this year... it is a guarantee that it won't be in NCAA12 but maybe 13.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

the likeness issue is puzzling to me, becuase the fact that a HB is on florida we know its one of 5 guys that are real....

also when you give a player at QB speed we know who/what its representating so now giving him a scrambling trait cant be much worse IMO

and if we are saying they cant have a QB run becuase thats likeness then, corners should not get picks, or a physical safeties cant make hard hits

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 05-16-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

All I am going to say is that having Tendency Sliders in no way shape or form has an effect on Player Likeness. I'm not saying Player Tendencies, but rather CPU Tendencies. That way no tendency is attached directly to a player.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

i am with you on this i wish this could be representated better in ncaa

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »