Home

Please fix the no huddle!

This is a discussion on Please fix the no huddle! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Please fix the no huddle!

One key thing to establish is that there is a difference in a "no-huddle" offense and a "hurry-up, no-huddle" offense. For example, Auburn, under OC Gus Malzahn runs strictly a no-huddle offense. However, the Tigers only hurry-up following first downs and big plays. On the other hand, though, there are teams such as Oregon that play fast no matter what the situation in the game.

EA needs to realize this. Some teams will play fast during an entire game, while others do it situationally.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

This is one of my main gripes.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
This is one of my main gripes.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
Exactly. It was so aggravating to play a no huddle team last year. I don't understand how EA allows things like this to make it into the final build. I have less knowledge of these matters than they do, but I would imagine a few minor tweaks would fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Exactly. It was so aggravating to play a no huddle team last year. I don't understand how EA allows things like this to make it into the final build. I have less knowledge of these matters than they do, but I would imagine a few minor tweaks would fix this
Its because of the no huddle that I never played in the Big12 conference , its full of teams that use it. Its no fun seeing the cpu/ai go 3 and out in 10 seconds.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
Its because of the no huddle that I never played in the Big12 conference , its full of teams that use it. Its no fun seeing the cpu/ai go 3 and out in 10 seconds.
Which makes statistics completely screwed up. Even with a dominating D in my Nebraska dynasty, my pass defense usually sucks because of all the damn hurry up offenses I face couple with me scoring quickly at times. Teams are down by 40+ points in the 4th and still run hurry up? Please. They run off clock and get out of the stadium as quick as they can.

On a related note, EA. Fix the damn ratings for players out of position in the damn no huddle hurry up. In my low prestige teams dynasty, it is beyond maddening having no pass rush when the CPU is forced to have a DT and FB in at guard or tackle because of fatigue and poor depth on the line. That and the CPU going no huddle to a different formation with a WR lined up at FB and still stonewalling my DT or LB with a block like he's a stud FB.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
Banned

APF 2K8's Arena

OVR: 0

Somebody needs to tell EA there is a difference between the 'hurry-up' and the 'no-huddle'.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

Went back and watched the BCS championship game , Oregon/Auburn to see where each team snapped the ball on the play clock. I noted down each teams first 3 drives, as follows.
Oregon 16 , 22 ,15 , punt (play clock was not shown here).
Auburn 23 , 28 , 3 , punt.
Oregon 20 , 17 ,17 , 20 , 11 , INT.
Auburn 8 , 19 , INT.
Oregon 6 , 20 , 2 , 8 , 21 , 17 , 10 , 12 , INT.
Auburn 13 , 7 , 20 , 23 , 6 , Punt 12 ( play clock was showing on this punt).

So as you can see even though each team no huddled they still took some time and barked out calls at the line of scrimmage.

In this game NCAA 11 the cpu/ai snaps the ball at around the 27-20 second play clock mark.

As i have said before what the cpu/ai is running in this game is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »