Home

An addition to Teambuilder I am sure would attract more people.

This is a discussion on An addition to Teambuilder I am sure would attract more people. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
An addition to Teambuilder I am sure would attract more people.

TeamBuilder is a great feature, a lot better than I thought it would be. Though, to be honest, I really never use it. But I came up with an idea today, probably not an original one, that I thought would definitely make me use the feature a lot.

Right now in TeamBuilder you only construct a team. You do the uniforms, name, rosters, etc. But they need to build on to it. Let us go on there and choose an existing program and then create additional uniforms for them.

Say Miami has new uniforms this year like rumors suggest, but EA doesn't get the game. I would be able to go on TB, select the University of Miami, then create the uniforms like you do now. After that I would download them onto my game and they would be added to Miami's library of uniforms.

This would help us consumers get all the throwbacks we want in the game, or fix any errors EA makes. I mean, Miami wore some nice green and gold throwbacks I really like around 5 years ago and there is probably .001% EA adds them to the game ever, but I want them in badly. I should be able create them for my Miami squad and wear them when I want to.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: An addition to Teambuilder I am sure would attract more people.

This would work for throwback uniforms but not new uniforms since they would already need to be on the disc to correspond with whatever is on the site. Not only that, if a team is unveiling new uniforms, it's almost certain that they won't look anything like any of the current uniforms in game; unless they're BFBS.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This would help us consumers get all the throwbacks we want in the game, or fix any errors EA makes. I mean, Miami wore some nice green and gold throwbacks I really like around 5 years ago and there is probably .001% EA adds them to the game ever, but I want them in badly. I should be able create them for my Miami squad and wear them when I want to.
I like the idea of this, I would really like to just add alternate options to the team I'm playing with rather than replace them outright. It would be cool to have a bunch of uniform combinations without replacing the original ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Say Miami has new uniforms this year like rumors suggest, but EA doesn't get the game
Golden squashed that rumor, I think it's something to do with their existing Nike deal. He said they will be getting new uniforms for the 2012 season and those uniforms will be going back to a more basic style like in the 80's. One more year with these...can't wait for new uniforms for the Canes, their current one is my least favorite style in the last 20 years
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I would like to be able to create alternates as well. My main wish for teambuilder is to be able to edit player equipment while online.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

MrMiller84's Arena

OVR: 0

Teambuilder also needs the addition of brand specific designs. If Adidas has a certain design that they use then it should be reflected on the site with their logos. You should be able to make your school a UA, Nike, Adidas, or Russell sponsored school. In my opinion the smallest detail makes the difference in Teambuilder, because your designing the main image of a team and that is the uniform. I would love it to even expand to Dynasty off and online for a school to receive offers to become a brand sponsored team.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
JACKSON STATE TIGERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
CHICAGO BULLS
ATLANTA BRAVES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMiller84
Teambuilder also needs the addition of brand specific designs. If Adidas has a certain design that they use then it should be reflected on the site with their logos. You should be able to make your school a UA, Nike, Adidas, or Russell sponsored school. In my opinion the smallest detail makes the difference in Teambuilder, because your designing the main image of a team and that is the uniform. I would love it to even expand to Dynasty off and online for a school to receive offers to become a brand sponsored team.
Totally agree I hate the generic unis. Still really want those brand specific wristbands too
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
Rookie

I'd like to add something to this as well.

I'd like to have where you can set a uniform as a default. Have a default home uni and a default away uni. For the default home, you can set a default helmet, jersey, pants, and shoes, and the same for default away. I have favorite uniforms for certain teams and I always end up having to select them before a game was started. It'd be neat to set a default, not only for teambuilder, but for ALL teams.

What do you guys think about that?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Rookie

MrMiller84's Arena

RammerJammer I think thats fine. I know for some teams that I dwnld their unis are all rearranged when I play with them.

To add another idea game wide in regard to unis. I mean we have neutral sites for special games, why not game specific unis? For example when UGA debut the black helmets against Florida, or when Oregon goes throw back against OSU.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
JACKSON STATE TIGERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
CHICAGO BULLS
ATLANTA BRAVES

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »