Home

Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel

I know that this idea was brought up here before or somewhere else...but I cant stop thinking about how bad *** it would be!!

Imagine it...you start off as a high school senior at a camp, where you would go through some drills to determine some of your ratings, (similar to what Madden did with Superstar mode a couple years ago) after that you play your High School playoffs, but with more in depth recruiting, where you actually get to pre determine who your "dream" school and let other schools sway you in to choosing them. After your recruitment you would then be on campus and actually have to work your way up to playing time, by going to class, practice, individual training etc. instead of just a week of practice and you're starting. You could also determine your player role by what you do with the off the field activities and have your player role actually determine if you get playing time. Also, let special teams play a role into playing time. If you're a freak athlete who has ridiculous speed then you should be a returner or a gunner on punt team. And youre performance on special teams gets your more recognition from the coaches.

So you go through you're entire college career, and then at the end you two choices: import to madden, or begin coaching carousel. With CC, you would start out as the position coach for the position you played. You would be able to practice with just this position and also only be able to play this position in the games. If your position group excels after a year or two, (determined by some sort of grading scale) then you get promoted to Offensive or Defensive Coordinator. Here you would be able to fully customize your gameplan and playbook and make it unique to how you play. You would be able to practice and play as whole on defense or offense. Then yet again if you excelled for a year or two you would begin getting head coaching offers to smaller FBS teams. As the head coach you could then determine if you wanna play both sides of the ball or one or the other, or you could even go into the super sim mode where you only call plays and then watch. The rest of the needed feature for CC would also take effect once you become a Head Coach.

If something like this was implemented, I would personally play it for the rest of my life. Something along these lines would be endlessly entertaining and very enjoyable!!!

What do ya'll think??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Road to Glory turns Into Coaching Carousel

thanks but no thanks

Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree. This would be awesome! That would pretty much set the standard for all career modes in sports games.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
thanks but no thanks
Your reasoning??
Old 05-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

that would be pretty cool imo. they should just combine rtg and dynasty, and give the user the option of being a player or a coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
that would be pretty cool imo. they should just combine rtg and dynasty, and give the user the option of being a player or a coach.
Thats where this would be awesome because it gives you the ability to both those twice with the same person!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I think it's already been hinted at that once your done with RTG, you can choose to export to Madden, or move your player to dynasty mode to become a coach. It'll probably be similar to how it was in NCAA '06. still does nothing to confirm coaching carousel though, but the option to transfer from RTG to dynasty may be back.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I like some of the concepts. I'd love to be able to start out as a position coach and work my way ip, but i don't really want to have to do an RTG first to get there, This should be a dynasty feature. Not only that, if you're RTG player was 2 time Heisman winner or something, you're not going to go straight to coaching while passing up the NFL(aka import to madden). Another problem would be that you could end up a head coach of major BCS program in only a few years, which in terms of realism i have issues with, but it's not that major.

Still though, this would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think it's already been hinted at that once your done with RTG, you can choose to export to Madden, or move your player to dynasty mode to become a coach. It'll probably be similar to how it was in NCAA '06. still does nothing to confirm coaching carousel though, but the option to transfer from RTG to dynasty may be back.
I think a poorly worded statement was just misconstrued to get to that conclusion though, hell, I could be wrong though.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »