Home

EA didn't fix "speed-burst" catch animations...(SIAP)

This is a discussion on EA didn't fix "speed-burst" catch animations...(SIAP) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA didn't fix "speed-burst" catch animations...(SIAP)

I remember watching this over and over when the videos were first uploaded after the live stream. So I watched it some more.

In regular/normal motion it looks like he slides/warps to the ball. But in the slow-motion replay, it doesn't look quite as bad.

As far as what was going on with that Linebacker, who knows. It just looked like he quit defending the WR. He definitely wasn't user controlled, either. The WR was.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

To me it doesn't look like a speed burst catch but rather the defensive AI just being dumb. The Defensive Tackle was being controlled, so the AI stopped the Linebacker for what appears to be no reason.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, It definitely looks worse because the Linebacker just stoped, so in comparison, the WR looks like he did a speed burst. I guess the real issue would by why the heck the LB just stopped.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

It doesn't appear to me that the defense recognized the ball was being thrown until it was caught. The LB appeared to be handing the WR off to the Safety in the deep zone at the time the pass was attempted. Only the Left DE actually reacted to the pass by throwing his hand up in an attempt to knock it down.

Edit:
On a second look. They are in man. Now I have no idea why the LB stopped.

Last edited by Maizpan; 05-18-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I remember watching this over and over when the videos were first uploaded after the live stream. So I watched it some more.

In regular/normal motion it looks like he slides/warps to the ball. But in the slow-motion replay, it doesn't look quite as bad.
What is the wr on the right side of the screen running the fly pattern doing?? He just decides to lay out on the turf for no reason.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What is the wr on the right side of the screen running the fly pattern doing?? He just decides to lay out on the turf for no reason.
After the receiver caught the pass he tries to cut the DB.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

My two cents.

1) If you watched the whole game #48 is a safety i think, and was getting burnt all game and is slow as hell. so any cut by a high acc wr vs a slower safety, should look like a quick separation(speed burst).

2) If you watch it from behind it appears he is looking at another route real quick. Ok st's #14 looks like he is about to break free underneath cutting across the middle. toward #48's side of the field. Maybe since its clear #48 is not that good, he sees the other wr instead of playing his primary responsibility, which he was not even talented enough to do well anyway. This could be simulating a lack of focus.

Its cool guys break it down but i looked at it from a players perspective. If every player every play played their responsibility perfect, you would never see guys wide open in a real football game.

In any real game you watch, you will see guys wide open often. The biggest difference in a real game, is the QB cant see everyone at the same time with a god view. And the real qb's still complete 60% of their passes. Imagine if the qb can see the game from a video football game view. What would their completion percentage be then?

You have to take some of these strange things you see as a way to replicate all the different factors in a football game. #48 could have slipped, or thought the ball was being throw underneath, ect.. which in that case he would have been the only player between #14 of Ok st and the end zone. or expected the wr to stop and curl.

Having played CB, on the wr breaks and cuts, you tend to "cheat" and look in the backfield and sometimes lose track of your man trying to find the ball.

Football players are out of position often. You could look at any real football game and say what in the hell was that guy doing if you look hard enough.

The bottom line is a more talented WR beat a weak safety, who was having a bad game, on a slant / in route. Keep it simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

The guy wearing the Mizzou shirt is awful. I hope he isn't a developer, because the way that he plays sets the game back 8 years.

I would literally beat him by 3 TD's every time. Play the game like real football, not like an 11 year old who rolls out, throws stupid passes, and can't read a defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »