Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #57
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I'm among the biggest presentation fans anywhere. And no.....I won't skip it when the game comes out.

But you guys are right......I'm about ready to hear about something else. We're hanging on intros too long.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7
I gotta say though if you listen to this with some good headphones the crowd actually sounds pretty good, if only the commentary did too....it would also be awesome if they had team specific chants
Old 05-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #59
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

Nessler reminded us, twice, that the game was being brought to us by Coke Zero. smh

Old 05-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Can't wait to edit that equipment!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #61
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsrock95
I gotta say though if you listen to this with some good headphones the crowd actually sounds pretty good, if only the commentary did too....it would also be awesome if they had team specific chants
You know, that's a good point about crowd specific chants. But what's far worse in '11 than a team having no chants is the fact that many teams have chants that they simply don't do in real life. I wish the developers would take a "less is more" approach to this. I understand you can't get them ALL in the game, so if you can't find an accurate one, simply don't use one.

For example, don't try to cram in a half/half stadium "(team color 1)!, (team color 2)!" for every team, because there's maybe only 10 teams, tops, that actually use a chant like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #62
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
OK, I think I've seen enough Intro and "look at the dreadlocks!" videos. I'd like to hear about some Franchise/RTG improvements now. I know the official date is the 23rd, but there have been no rumors even that anything substantial is in the works.

It would be one thing to make the Presentation a large focus if they actually improved upon it. But the Presentation/Commentary is almost the same as last year, with only the most minor superficial improvements that have been hammered into us day after day so far. On the whole, it's basically the same thing:

-We still get the tunnel entrance with the exact same player voices, and still the goofy peed my pants dance at the center of the field
-Bands spelling out "U.S.A". W.T.F. again?
-Same mix of about only 10 awkward looking up close fans who are recycled for every game, with even the same unfunny sign.
-Crowd noise still has audible shrill female voices and screams. In real life you never hear distinct female voices in a loud stadium of anywhere over 20,000 or so - they get drowned out by deeper voices.

We haven't heard it yet ingame, but I'm betting the bands also play Long Way to Tippecary and other songs that real college bands stopped playing in the 1940's. I understand there are licensing issues but at least make the songs sound contemporary - because during real games they always are.

Overall, a presentation overhaul would be worth talking about for as long as they have, but what they've shown us is far from it. I'm really hoping for severe offline Franchise improvements because otherwise it's looking like a strong Madden year, for me at least.
yea ive been saying this about the bands in the game for a while. They sound awful. Every fight song they play its slow and boring. If you listen to "Hail to the Victors" in the game and in real life its crazy how different it is simply from the speed alone. They sort of washed their hands of this by making us do the work and add the real sounds ourselves but you're right if they are going to talk about presentation so much, it shouldnt basically be the same thing as last year with a few more entrances and horses/wagons/dogs/tigers in the intros.

It'd be one thing if they really made the entrances lifelike but each year its just a tiny bit more added to the previous year. 2 years ago they added the Ants, i mean bands on the field with most of them doing generic formations like the USA one we see. Then the next year they had the bands and then added some entrances, now this year they have the bands, those same entrances, and a few extra additions. Just because you add on to the previous year doesnt make it great.

So combine that with the awful commentary and mediocre bands/crowds and the presentation doesnt look so hot. And thats before we even have really seen the in game presentation. Just wait for the gameplay videos to come out and listen to essentially the same commentary we've had the last 6 years with just some new conference/espn replay wipes.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-19-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #63
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfreecloud
very slow pacing. where are the dynamics? the storylines? field conditions or anything that makes it feel like a live event?
people will just skip through the presentation anyway.

I agree.

Instead of adding presentation packages that are the same every time, why not add dynamic presentations like NFL2K5 had at halftime and post game?

If the presentation package never changes it will be skipped after 3-4 viewings.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 3
why the hell is the landry jones face mask STILL not in the game, but in MADDEN 12???? COME EA, get the face mask in there!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »