Home

EA is seriously stepping their game up

This is a discussion on EA is seriously stepping their game up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA is seriously stepping their game up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
If your running back goes for 520 yards of total offense a game you need to step your sliders up, thats just not sim

Tackling must be turned off.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

After falling in love with this series in 2005 and become a hardcore fan for years afterwards, EA lost me after '10. '11 was the first game since 2005 I didn't buy (though I've heard it was the best in a while). I was tempted, but still a bit on the fence with '12, but man how they have indeed stepped up their game. For me, the #1 most addicting thing about Dynasty mode is the fantasy of actually being the coach. Thats how I imagined myself when recruiting, thats how I imagined myself when calling the plays on the field. Now Tiburon has made the fantasy a reality in the game, and there is only one thing that could make me any more excited for this game than I am now: The ability to hire/fire assistants as a head coach and have the quality of your assistants affect player progression. If thats in the game as well....

Old 05-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
NCAA RTG Lead Designer

EA_Alex_Howell's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Last year's game was a massive move forward in the series. And now... Wow!

So far we already have....

Team specific traditions
Coaching carousel
OD coaching contracts (which are HUGE for those who go 8-4 at bigtime schools and never get in danger of being fired).
Massive Zone Coverage improvements.
Ability to sim, call plays, make subs in OD games via your computer.
Custom Playbooks

Absolutely incredible confirmed list in just one year. Mad props to you EA Sports.
WDE brotha
Old 05-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
The zone coverage was so horrendous in NCAA 11 that they had to reassure people that it would be fixed in NCAA 12. I don't think fixing a glaring bug is "stepping their game up." That's fixing a huge mistake that they created.
Heaven forbid that any game developer anywhere reimplement a feature.

Quote:
NCAA 06 had custom playbooks. I don't think taking 6 years to add an OLD feature to next gen games is "stepping their game up."
NCAA 06's custom playbooks did not allow custom selection of individual plays. Only formations, and you were stuck with whatever plays were in that formation.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #21
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

For me personally,

My wishlist is almost complete.

The only thing I haven't seen confirmed outside of typical In game AI improvements....

Revamped CPU recruiting logic in Dynasty and Online Dynasty. By year 6 or 7, 90% of the teams out there are completely devoid of talent and horrendously understaffed at various positions.

You'll see 6 QBs on a team and 1 Left Tackle, 2 Guards total, and no Right Tackle.
You'll see 12 WRs on the roster, while there are literally 2 Defensive Ends on the entire team.

It's bad. Real bad.

I'd like to see legit recruiting to coaching style as well. If a team runs the option, they should never recruit a QB who can't run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

NCAA 06's custom playbooks did not allow custom selection of individual plays. Only formations, and you were stuck with whatever plays were in that formation.
plus it was only like 9 formations that you could have in a single playbook as well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If he had amazing blockers up front and started every possession inside the 20 and broke off a few major runs early on, then yea, I could believe it.
It's possible something like that can happen remember this is college football not the NFL

PLus he was talking about total yards rushing and recieving

Check this out

Before he became a superstar in the NFL with the San Diego Chargers, LaDainian Tomlinson was setting the world on fire as the feature back for the TCU Horned Frogs. His greatest moment may have come in 1999, when he rushed for 406 yards against UTEP—setting the NCAA record for most rushing yards in a single game.

In recent years, nobody has come close to matching Tomlinson’s record. In fact, the most recent challenge came all the way back in 2002, when Robbie Mixon of Central Michigan rushed for 377 yards against Eastern Michigan.

Below is the list of the top 10 single-game rushing performances in college football history.

LaDainian Tomlinson, TCU: 406 yards vs. UTEP (Nov. 20, 1999)

Tony Sands, Kansas: 396 yards vs. Missouri (Nov. 23, 1991)

Marshall Faulk, San Diego State: 386 yards vs. Pacific (Sept. 14, 1991)

Troy Davis, Iowa State: 378 yards vs. Missouri (Sept. 28, 1996)

Anthony Thompson, Indiana: 377 yards vs. Wisconsin (Nov. 11, 1989)

Robbie Mixon, Central Michigan: 377 yards vs. Eastern Michigan (Nov. 2, 2002)

Travis Prentice, Miami (Ohio): 376 yards vs. Akron) (Nov. 6, 1999)

Astron Whatley, Kent State: 373 yards vs. Eastern Michigan (Sept. 20, 1997)

Rueben Mayes, Washington State: 357 yards vs. Oregon (Oct. 27, 1984)

Mike Pringle, Cal State Fullerton: 357 yards vs. New Mexico State (Nov. 4, 1989)

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
They're basically casting their line and all the little fishies are bitting like mad.
Yes, we are definitely biting on this. We told them what we wanted them to put on the lure and they did. Why wouldn't we be biting at what we told them we wanted in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »