Home

Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #65
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Presting Rating for Coaches NCAA 12

I'm starting to get worried now. If you really think about it, without ratings CC is pointless. All you're going to have are playbooks moving around and probably the philosophy which yes is better than nothing, but I just think if they are going to put all this effort to putting this in why leave out the ratings which helps determine a program's success more than their playbook and prestige. Like many have said, prestige is just one small pitch for recruiting that most never care about and now I'm guessing it will determine who a team hires but again without ratings the prestige does very little for the actual team. I'm sure we'll have this answered tomorrow but I'm a little bit skeptical now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I'm starting to get worried now. If you really think about it, without ratings CC is pointless. All you're going to have are playbooks moving around and probably the philosophy which yes is better than nothing, but I just think if they are going to put all this effort to putting this in why leave out the ratings which helps determine a program's success more than their playbook and prestige. Like many have said, prestige is just one small pitch for recruiting that most never care about and now I'm guessing it will determine who a team hires but again without ratings the prestige does very little for the actual team. I'm sure we'll have this answered tomorrow but I'm a little bit skeptical now.
Agreed. If there is no ratings, coaches will be fired and hired willy nilly. You will see random coaches getting fired and hired with no true rating behind it. I mean, you could base it off of winning, but if you think about it... You dont fire a Nick Saban if he has two or three off years, but you would fire a scrub guy coaching a one star school whose young and fresh.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
Ok so I have spent some time looking at all the coaches in the FBS and have ranked them by grade. Take a look at this and tell me what you think. If you see anyone who is left out or has a name misspelled, let me know cause with 120 coaches I'm sure I messed up something.
A+
Spoiler

A
Spoiler

A-
Spoiler

B+
Spoiler

B
Spoiler

B-
Spoiler

C+
Spoiler

C
Spoiler

C-
Spoiler

D+
Spoiler
Pretty good list, but you have a current Hall of Famer as a B+. As someone Mentioned, Ault should at least be an A. Not only is he a HOF, but he invented an offense that a lot of teams are using now (or some version of it).

Riley a B? Riley is one of the highest regarded coaches in the country. Hes a Corvallis native and doesnt want to leave, which is why you never hear him much for being offered by another school. He shut down SC immediately, as he was originally a top choice when Pete left (add in that he got his career going at SC as an assistant and its even more of a shock he didnt even consider it).

He constantly is winning 8-9 games a year with mediocre incoming talent. He has to be an A- at the least.

Also, I think I would now put Tedford down to a B- at the highest. Tedford has not really done anything the past 5 years and some say he is even on the hot seat.

Good list though.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully, the Ncaa Football Dev team put coach ratings in the game this year.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 05-23-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think a B is perfect. Had made MSU respectable and competitive. No BCS berths though, so a B is perfect IMO.

Actually it was Rich Rod abandoning the state of Michigan and the midwest in recruiting that made MSU respectable. With Hoke and Mattison dominating the state again and getting top Ohio talent MSU will be back where they belong soon enough.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #70
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

It would be great if there was some type of Reputation rating where you:
Lose Rep By:
  • Jumping Ship early for better offers or going to a Rival school
  • Undisciplined team( Numerous infractions or failure to Discipline) *If brought back to the game*
  • Not keeping promises *To Recruits*
  • Losing Seasons
  • ETC Anything else negative like making players stretch too long(i.e Rich Rod) and too bad there cant be scandals*REALISM* eh osu? I joke I kid the Buckies.

To Gain/Sustain Rep:
  • Staying with your College
  • Winning Consistantly 8-4 record or greater
  • Keeping Promises
  • Disciplined Team
  • Never signing with rival school
  • Fulling Contract obligations *Team Goals*
  • ETC Anything positive.

I'm sure there's a lot more that could go into it.

Also if their is player progression there should be Dynamic Coach progression where losing will bring down and cause ratings to fall for his player and winning will do the opposite or play to the current ratings he already has for his team.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 05-23-2011 at 06:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »