Home

Any thoughts on what else they have planned for Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on what else they have planned for Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #41
Rookie

Husker88Chief's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Any thoughts on what else they have planned for Dynasty?

While I don't think playoffs will be in this year, I think they're coming in the near future (next couple of years). I never thought the NCAA would allow EA to edit conference sizes and bowl tie-ins but they just did, so I could see the playoff thing happening soon.

Also, I think the game could use a Spring Football Game, Under-Armour All-American Game (maybe even just for RTG) and pre-season recruiting to add to the true-to-life football experience.

Nebraska Football: 12-2 (Big Ten Runner-Up & Capitol One Bowl Champions)

Kansas City Chiefs: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #42
Rookie

ryan's Arena

OVR: 1

Its going to feel like NCAA 2000 all over again! LOL

Recruiting there was crazy as the D-1AA Teams (then) would sign top 5 recruits even though the D-1AA teams only had a bowl game...lol
Old 05-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #43
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
One thing I'm praying for is medical redshirts. It sucks so much when someone gets hurt in the first couple of games for the entire season, especially a senior. I do not understand at all why these have not been implemented yet. Another thing is that I think that they should add 10 recruiting hours for the preseason since usually by that time/area in real life a lot of players have already committed (Texas A&M has like 20ish commits right now I think).
Some teams get a lot of their commits before summer even starts. You're right about Texas A&M, they have 24 commits right now.

Texas has 16. I do wish their was more you could do in regards to recruiting while spring ball is going on
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #44
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I'd like to see the ability to play a Spring Football Game in the offseason, a High School All Star Game in the Offseason and for EA to have player personalities with recruits (not the stock rosters to avoid lawsuits, but allow us to edit them in for those rosters) and then on top of that have suspensions and player issues or probation.

I think it'd be a real cool twist if you were dominating at a school and then got put on probation and lost your job etc...

EA pretty much covered everything else with the coaching carousel and customizable options! The one thing I hope that they have though is the ability to manually change conferences during the offseason in an ongoing dynasty, just in case we want to move a school manually later on...

So pumped for this game!
That's already in. I posted it like seven times yesterday. Go pause the video that came out yesterday at 1:27 and read it. It's at the top of the screen.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #45
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I understand what your saying, but lets be real here we all know the saying "Money Talks and BS walks" . I would love to have division 2 and 3 in but really how often would people play with them. Then it leads to the one liner" Instead of having these stupid d-2 and d-3 schools they could have something better in the game."

Exactly, thats why they should give us the combination of 120 TB teams and PLAY-OFF option so they can please those fans without really putting that much time in it. That way, we who want the FCS, can do it ourselves. Without a play-off option, it just doesn't work. The bowl thing destroys any "simulation" of FCS football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #46
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
That's already in. I posted it like seven times yesterday. Go pause the video that came out yesterday at 1:27 and read it. It's at the top of the screen.
Can someone please sticky this? Lol...... it keeps going unnoticed! Of course this game needs more improvement, but EA has already more than surpassed anything I expected of them! Just hope they don't get lazy again. I don't think they will seeing how much they've seen this has appealed to the masses. Glad to see us hardcore gamers getting some love this year! Mad props EA!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

SPRING GAMEEEEE
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #48
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I really believe NCAA 12 can incorporate a playoff system given the new additions to customization for dynasty mode. Here's the playoff system I would like to see based on an eight team playoff.

The top eight BCS teams participate in the playoff system. There are seven sites for the playoff games: 4 quarterfinal sites, 2 semifinal sites, and the site for the NC

The BCS bowls as of now, The Sugar, Orange, Rose, and Fiesta would host the NC game, the two semifinal games, and the most attractive quarterfinal bowl. Each BCS bowl in a four year cycle would get to host the National Championship once in four years, two semi games, and one quarterfinal. The remaining three quarterfinal games would be covered by the Cotton Bowl, Capital One Bowl, and the Gator Bowl.

Now normally with seven bowl games, you'd have 14 teams playing in these top tier bowl games. With the playoff system, you'd have seven sites, but only eight teams participating. Therefore, the Cotton Bowl, Capital One Bowl, and Gator Bowl would get to have their own bowl game also.

I think this will be the system most closely copied by the NCAA if a playoff system was ever decided upon. Theoretically you could keep the same bowl schedule as of this year. The quarters could be in the last week of december, semis in the first week of January, and the NC in the second week of January.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »