Home

NCAA 12 Road To Glory

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 Road To Glory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA 12 Road To Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I haven't done a RTG in a while but it sounds really cool this year. At the very least, it will give me something to do while I wait for rosters.
I always play RTG.
For the last couple of years I played until rosters come out because of it was untouched. But this year because of improvements, i will still play before rosters but I will playing both modes alot
Old 06-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #34
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I also love the ability to play on both sides. It is releastic. because unless you play at a great school or have a big roster, you will most likely play both sides.
I just hope you aren't forced to. Most of the players where I'm from only plays one side of the ball. They may on a rare occasion play the other side, but mostly the stick to their positions.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I just hope you aren't forced to. Most of the players where I'm from only plays one side of the ball. They may on a rare occasion play the other side, but mostly the stick to their positions.
I doubt it is mandatory.
But alot of schools(including mines) that arent good or have depth(kids not wanting to play for school) are forced to play player both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I'm willing to bet that we will play our senior season and then play college in 2011.

The coolest thing I think is from the looks of it we will actually get recruited during the season which will be awesome. I'm guessing we pick our top 3 each week is what I think the info said?
they more than likely pretend the HS year is 10....anyway, yeah really exicted about recruiting, depending on if it is really in and how good it is.....also it would be dumb not to be able to get scholarship from across the nation if you're the top player, you should be able to have interest...

anywho, curious as to how the both sides work....will the selection be like rb/lb, qb/s, wr/cb, or will you be able to choose one of each? hmmmm

also hoping for the playoffs still, this is where you SHOULD be able to make the biggest impact for non local schools....btw, how "local" is local? in state? 2 state radius?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
Alex Howell was hired to lead up the series. He was a walk-on at Auburn (war damn) and I have heard he has brought a "realistic" side to it. the fact that he walked on tells us he will have a good understanding of how much work it takes for college players to make it big time. here's hoping that they have revamped RTG!
Since he went to AU, do you think he put in the RTG mode your player being able to accept cash for attending a school? Curious..
Old 06-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsyde82
they more than likely pretend the HS year is 10....anyway, yeah really exicted about recruiting, depending on if it is really in and how good it is.....also it would be dumb not to be able to get scholarship from across the nation if you're the top player, you should be able to have interest...

anywho, curious as to how the both sides work....will the selection be like rb/lb, qb/s, wr/cb, or will you be able to choose one of each? hmmmm

also hoping for the playoffs still, this is where you SHOULD be able to make the biggest impact for non local schools....btw, how "local" is local? in state? 2 state radius?
I am wondering about "local" school too. Since there is the possiblility of playing a TB teams I wanted my players to play at my high school. I dont want to set up a HS in the states I want to play

I want to know about the both side stuff. I think it might to not as open. I think it might be rb/lb/db or something similar.
I believe there is still a playoff. I still might not a 10 game season, but the length of playoffs might determine length of season. I think "local" might be regional so I think if you are in New Jersey you might be able to choose colleges in that regional(Penn State, Pitts, Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse)

My main wish for RTG is custom quarter length. It is a modekiller for me. I also hope their is the ability to play KR/PR and TE
Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
  • You can work your way up the depth chart by earning Coach's Trust Points. Once you have enough Trust points, you have to earn the position by winning a position battle
  • non-starters will earn Trust Points through practices and occasions when you see the field during mop-up time
MISC
  • Calendar system scrapped, and the Road to Glory presentation is similar to the Dynasty Mode's menus
  • The mode's menus, replays, montages, etc. will be centered around your player
  • Practices are now 25 reps per practice
  • No more study sessions on your calendar
I like these parts the most.
I like that their will be position battles and that backups can earns the job back. I hated once I became a starter it was a lock and I couldnt really improve.
I like that it is getting the Dynasty type menu. I didnt like the current one. I am intrigued about the "The mode's menus, replays, montages, etc. will be centered around your player". Study session was pointless.
The part I am not "very happy" about is 25 reps. I know it will lead to more
Trust Points, but unless their is skill points I might be time-consuming. I never liked practice because unless you play QB or RB, it was pointless because it wasnt focused to to your player. I hope you have skill points though. because some attributes never improved(awareness, Spec Catch, some others)
Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #40
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am wondering about "local" school too. Since there is the possiblility of playing a TB teams I wanted my players to play at my high school. I dont want to set up a HS in the states I want to play

I want to know about the both side stuff. I think it might to not as open. I think it might be rb/lb/db or something similar.
I believe there is still a playoff. I still might not a 10 game season, but the length of playoffs might determine length of season. I think "local" might be regional so I think if you are in New Jersey you might be able to choose colleges in that regional(Penn State, Pitts, Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse)

My main wish for RTG is custom quarter length. It is a modekiller for me. I also hope their is the ability to play KR/PR and TE

Same for me, although I will play it regardless. I won't play it as much though if the quarters are short. It's especially hard when playing on defense if the quarters are only 5 mins and 4 minutes in HS. Hopefully the quarter length will be optional, I would like to play 9 mins with 8 mins in HS. That would give the most realistic amount of plays.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »