Home

NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 11 Recruiting Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Also, try to schedule a player visit ASAP. As sonn as you find MOST, and 2 VERY HIGH's. Getting a big lead is your key.
Cool yeah sometimes I push it back too far because I'm recruiting so many guys at once that I don't know enough about each guy.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
You're right, generally if you are -250 you will have a tough time getting them to commit, unless your schools is rated highly in just about every category. But pay attention to how far their interest bar is as well, and if they are Top 8 or Top 10 with their teams yet.

5 star guys are tough to get if you aren't one of the powerhouse schools in NCAA 11, and it's very difficult to recruit against the powerhouse schools because they are an A+ in just about everything. I don't recommend pursuing them unless you are close to the top b/c the other schools recruiting them will spend a lot of time on them and have a lot to offer.

If you really want to get some 4 star talent on your team I would find the top 10 guys within your pipeline states that you are within range with or close to within range with. Also look for guys that are at Top 10 instead of Top 8. You'll want to invest 60 minutes in them every week. If someone commits to you or another school just add a new player.

By about week 8 or 9 you will be adding the 3 star guys that you would normally end up with so it's worth the risk and you can usually score a couple of a 4 star guys that way.

If your school isn't "ready" to recruit 4 star talent yet, I still recommend taking a gamble on maybe 1 or 2 4 star guys and then just pushing for the highest rated 3 star guys that you can get.
So would you guys recommend taking one of the job offers I'm getting? Or sticking with SMU? I want to be able to compete eventually. I used to take schools from 0 to hero but right now it doesn't seem like that's happening with SMU I mean we gained a star but that's it.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

If you feel like you've taking SMU as far as you possibly can, then go ahead and tryout somewhere else. It's fun going to a new place and putting a new system into place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
If you feel like you've taking SMU as far as you possibly can, then go ahead and tryout somewhere else. It's fun going to a new place and putting a new system into place.
Yeah I hear you I might just do that I 'm just trying to think back to the old days when I would take Western Michigan to the BCS and trying to recall how I did it.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Take the offer and move on... I did the same thing in my Louisville Dynasty. Had 4 great years -- rode out with my seniors and took a job at Florida.

Worst case scenario if you get bored (or fired) you can always go back and try again.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

If anything I thought that this issue was the beauty of the recruiting in last years game. You couldn't make SMU a powerhouse in a year or two. You had to build the program year by year. I was University of Maryland in my dynasty last year, and it took me 3-4 years just to be able to recruit 4 star prospects. After 5-6 years I won back to back national championships.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinAD28Vikings
If anything I thought that this issue was the beauty of the recruiting in last years game. You couldn't make SMU a powerhouse in a year or two. You had to build the program year by year. I was University of Maryland in my dynasty last year, and it took me 3-4 years just to be able to recruit 4 star prospects. After 5-6 years I won back to back national championships.
Yea it can be done, it just takes patience and planning. Ive taken many schools to the NC (Rice, Ohio, UNC, Tenn, Clemson). You just have to recruit well and win some games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Banned

U know what I'm realizing I forgot an old key rule of beating teams to get them out of the conference i.e. Baylor in the Big 12 I kept taking them off my schedule in favor of 1-AA opponents.

If I schedule the weakest Big East team will I be able to get in there? Or is it Big 12 or nothing for SMU?

I ask because I find OK and to a lesser extent Texas to be fakely good in recruiting and the BCS overall

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »