Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: game informer

I just wonder what purpose coordinators will serve when you're the HC? Especially if I don't get to pick the new one when mine leave.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #42
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
It's disappointing but not terribly. It would definitely be nice to have control over your coordinators, but once you are head coach the coordinators on your team don't really mean anything. You call the plays on both sides of the ball unless you want to sim one side, in which case it would be nice to have the guy you hired calling the plays.
Yeah I mean it isn't a gamebreaker but if coaches had ratings (which they should but apparently do not) then it would be cool to have assistants who effected your team. I guess it just kind of seemed like a no brainer that that would be in as part of CC.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #43
Rookie

usc50's Arena

Man, I was getting excited about today. So far, I've seen 2 things that have made me not care nearly as much about the new additions:

1. Paying to sim on the web
2. Not hiring your own coordinators as a HC

Basically, #1 is them just being greedy. #2 means that we can't control our own teams and that there can't be coach ratings because if there were and we still weren't able to hire our own coordinators, that'd be so messed up. So basically, coaching carousel is just moving playbooks around and the actual coaches don't matter at all.

Those 2 things right there is EA pretty much saying "Go f*ck yourselves" IMO. Why implement something if you can't do it right?

Last edited by usc50; 05-23-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
RTG sounds like it will be WAY better, oh man I can't wait
WAY BETTER.
I will have a 11 game HS season. I will import TB teams as oppenents.
Favorite Parts
"High School
  • Explores your high school years more in depth, so you'll play a full senior season and gain recruiting points that are based on your stats
  • After each game you'll pick three local schools of varying prestige that are interested in you
  • Your recruiting board shows which schools you've picked and how far you are to earning a scholarship for each one. You can walk on to any school, but if you have a scholarship, you'll be able to transfer your recruiting points into XP for college
  • You'll play and be recruited on both sides of the ball
  • You can edit your HS senior season from seven to eleven games, and can import online browser-built Team Builder teams as your opponents. This lets you recreate your real-life high school team's schedule if you want
College

Coach's Trust
  • You work your way up the depth chart by earning Coach's Trust Points, and even when you have enough points to catch the player who's higher than you on the chart, you can then only take that position by winning a Position Battle – which is a glorified practice session
  • Non-starters will earn Trust Points through practices and occasions when you see the field during mop-up time, etc.
  • Coach Trust Points extend to your on-the-field power. QBs won't be able to call audibles or hot routes until they have earned the coach's trust
  • Earn enough points and you can have the chance to call plays from "Extra Plays" – an extended selection of plays than what the coach has already called. This is available in varying frequency during a game the more Trust Points you earn
  • The development team is also working on improving the AI play calling "
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #45
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
If they're being serious with that BS, that might have moved me from "sure buy" status to "probably rent it and see how it goes" status. When they told us that we could sim games on the CPU last week, that was easily one of my top 2 favorite new things. Until now.
Being an OD commish, why should I have to pay 3 bucks just to advance on the web? Flat out joke. I don't mind the charging to host more than one, because it takes up space on their server (still shouldn't have to, but it's understandable). But paying to ADVANCE A FREAKIN DYNASTY?

I planned on running a solo OD too, where I'd just super sim while sitting at work and recruit (Hey, I work in a toll booth. It's slow.) I really don't want to waste 7 dollars to do both (if I'd do both, I'd just get the pack so I can host up to 5 ODs, since I'd need to host 2 to do it.) Just a total ripoff.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #46
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

The ability to recruit, sim, and advance weeks basically gives you a PC game...to go along with the console game.

I don't see an issue with them charging for that. Especially since you can still have an OD without using those options. I can see why people would get mad, but I can see why they are charging for it, for sure.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #47
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Being an OD commish, why should I have to pay 3 bucks just to advance on the web? Flat out joke. I don't mind the charging to host more than one, because it takes up space on their server (still shouldn't have to, but it's understandable). But paying to ADVANCE A FREAKIN DYNASTY?

I planned on running a solo OD too, where I'd just super sim while sitting at work and recruit (Hey, I work in a toll booth. It's slow.) I really don't want to waste 7 dollars to do both (if I'd do both, I'd just get the pack so I can host up to 5 ODs, since I'd need to host 2 to do it.) Just a total ripoff.

EA has to pay for the servers somehow...
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #48
Rookie

TheBauerHour's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
Man, I was getting excited about today. So far, I've seen 2 things that have made me not care nearly as much about the new additions:

1. Paying to sim on the web
2. Not hiring your own coordinators as a HC

Basically, #1 is them just being greedy. #2 means that we can't control our own teams and that there can't be coach ratings because if there were and we still weren't able to hire our own coordinators, that'd be so messed up. So basically, coaching carousel is just moving playbooks around and the actual coaches don't matter at all.

Those 2 things right there is EA pretty much saying "Go f*ck yourselves" IMO. Why implement something if you can't do it right?
What exactly do you want coordinators to do once you're the head coach? Give you an extra, unnecessary boost?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »