Home

Official NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Blogs Incoming This Week

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Blogs Incoming This Week within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #57
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official NCAA 12 Dynasty Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The NCAA's BCS system is broken anyway so I guess from that standpoint this is better than what we have in real life.
lol no it's not. I mean, you can argue that the system in place now is not fair and that's valid. But it's not broken as in bad conferences playing in new years bowl games.

In NCAA 12, if you change conferences, the bowl season won't take into account those changes. Blowing up the Big 12, for example, won't have any effect on the Big 12 having great bowl games. That's broken, not because of fair issues, but non-nonsensical ones.

Moral of the story is to be careful before you edit the conferences so that your post-season isn't completely broken. Also, dwindling a current BCS conference down to four teams will break your bowl season since you cant change the bowl tie-ins.

Back to the drawing board with my custom conference worksheet I have been working on
Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #58
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, the only thing that sucks is if you toy with the BCS conferences or try to put an old power conference like the SWC into a non-BCS, which is what I'm doing. You can get the winner into the BCS, but your teams past that are going to be in weak bowls. I can't see a top 3 of Arkansas, Texas, and TCU going to some weak bowls.
Agreed.....
Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #59
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Not necessarily. Michigan State was 11-1 and didn't go to a BCS game last year. If I made the Mountain West a BCS conference, and they only got 1 team into the BCS, then I could have a 10-2 or 11-1 team playing in the Armed Forces bowl against a conference USA number 3 team.

Part of the fun of conferences is the conference matchups in the bowl season. Again, if I moved Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Nebraska to the Moutain West (for example) and Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska all won 10 games. One of those teams would get to a BCS game, but the other teams would be playing in crap bowl games against crappy teams instead of playing in new years bowl games against other good teams from good conferences.

And if I shrunk the Big 12 down to four teams. A 7-5 Kansas team (which might be the Big 12's second best team in this scenario) would be playing in a New Years Bowl game like the Cotton Bowl against a top rated SEC team.
This is a good point, but can't you change the name of conferences? If so, put your teams that you want in your Super Mountain West into the Big 12 and re-name the Big 12 "Mountain West".
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

With coaches recruiting to their schemes and the example of a team recruiting a 4 Star Option QB over a 5 star Pocket passer. Maybe in those other pages on the create a coach screen the O and D pages are for playbooks , philosophies , and player style preferences so we can get even more diversity in teams in the dynasty. 2 Coaches with prostyle offenses, one at 50/50 pass-run with Balanced QBs preferred and the other at 40/60 pass-run with Pocket Passer QB preferred would make recruiting more interesting too.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #61
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

You can only change the name of the divisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
This is a good point, but can't you change the name of conferences? If so, put your teams that you want in your Super Mountain West into the Big 12 and re-name the Big 12 "Mountain West".
Conference names stay the same because of trademarks probably. I'll give mine a try because even going back 40 years, it's not THAT different. Just more teams to a conference now. Slimming down a conference will let those independents in if it works well, but it will still seem broken. Turning off most BCS tie-ins will help a bit so maybe you can get some better teams in by at large, but you will probably still get some twisted results.

And that's another thing. I saw on the video where you can change the name of the divisions, but I wish they would go to a smaller conference so I know for sure if we can eliminate divisions. I don't want to recreate the Big 8 only to have to have 2 4-team divisions.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #63
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
You can only change the name of the divisions.
Oh, well that is pretty lame. SO I guess my 16 team Big 12 won't be the Big 16
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #64
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Yeah I'm already brainstorming ideas to help work around the issues. It's not really a deal breaker if all you want to do is add teams to an already established BCS conference, but it becomes broken if you want to recreate conferences, dissolve a BCS conference (such as the Big East), or turn a mid-major conference into a BCS conference.

I'll just scrap my ideas to do any of those things.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-23-2011 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »